Traded the Si in last week.

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey y'all...

So I wound up trading in my 18 Si last week, on a 2019 Mustang GT. One of those bittersweet deals. I really, really loved driving the Si, but the lack of hp on the track was eating me up.

I spent 4 days on track with several close friends who were all driving high hp V8s, from a 2018 GT350-R, to a 2014 Z/28 (which was just a beast), to a 2014 Boss302, and several other models like that. With basic mods, the Si held it's own in the twisties, but on the straights, they were just gone.

Basically had the deal of a lifetime fall into my lap with the GT, and I just couldn't pass it up.

I traded the Si in, fully expecting to take it in the shorts, but I was quite surprised at how well it held it's value. Granted, I removed all of the aftermarket stuff (another thread) - and it was 2 years old, with less than 18k miles on it, but still. I was pleased with what the dealer offered.

All in all I truly enjoyed the Civic. It was averaging 35-40 mpg, and still fun to drive.

The only thing I hated about it. The damn seats. I'm not a little guy. I'm 6'4, not fat, per se, but not skinny. And I was never able to get the seats broken in completely to the point where they were 100% comfortable. And constantly banging my head on the roof in the helmet had to be priceless for my students to listen to. <bonk> <bonk> "so if we point the nose here, and then gradually <bonk> apply <bonk> full throt<bonk>tle .... "

I'll miss it, not going to lie.
Keep the rubber side down, y'all.
Lucky!! I’m waiting til I’m about even with what my car is worth and how much I owe. I’ll take a look at the GT’s as well. Gotta love that rumble!! Congrats!
Sponsored

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
And I'll never understand why people need to shit on other people's threads. Merry Christmas.
Lucky!! I’m waiting til I’m about even with what my car is worth and how much I owe. I’ll take a look at the GT’s as well. Gotta love that rumble!! Congrats!
I don’t understand why people open threads they DONT want to read lmao

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

xmikedentx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si, 2016 Tacoma TRD 4x4
Country flag
Thanks y'all... it's GREEN...
You seem like a good guys to ask..... Some of the reviews of the Mustangs say the rear ends wander on the track.

After you get a few sessions at the track, let us know your opinions on the new car. I’d like a real world look at it.

Congrats!

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si, 2016 Explorer Sport
Country flag
You seem like a good guys to ask..... Some of the reviews of the Mustangs say the rear ends wander on the track.

After you get a few sessions at the track, let us know your opinions on the new car. I’d like a real world look at it.

Congrats!
I've driven a 19 GT (other than this one) at Summit Point at the end of the season, and it handled very predictably. Trackpack + sticky tires + IRS and it was phenomenal. I'll have this one on track in March, and probably every couple weeks after that. It's setup with multiple cameras, and such - I'll share some video, etc. :) (And thanks) :)

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
Congrats... Great trade up... nothing like its torque and hp. I miss my Mustang.. Hope to get go back to real horsepower next year..

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man... I spent my youth hating 80s-00s Mustangs but.., I’ve gotta say... the Mustangs this past decade have really grown on me.

Enjoy your new ride. Love the color!

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Congrats on the upgrade dude, the s550 platform is badass! Those coyote motors can handle a shit ton of power. I plan to trade in also sometime next year for an S550. Did you go with the 10 speed or manual?

And just to get the haters a little more excited, there's no replacement for displacement ;)

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Love the green! Looks similar to the 17 ZL1 in Krypton Green that I owned a couple years ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen Traded the Si in last week. BKbyPeUl

Let us know what you think of that Steeda exhaust after you rack up some miles :thumbsup:

Personally I would have kept the Si as a stablemate for the GT. Want to save on gas and have fun doing it? Hop in the Si. Want to go fast? Take the GT. Then again, I'm kind of a car hoarder...

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Congrats on the upgrade dude, the s550 platform is badass! Those coyote motors can handle a shit ton of power. I plan to trade in also sometime next year for an S550. Did you go with the 10 speed or manual?

And just to get the haters a little more excited, there's no replacement for displacement ;)
Nope! I learned that the hard way. I tried going econo power, had to go back to the bigger engine
Sponsored