First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si, 2016 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Hey y'all...

So I wound up trading in my 18 Si last week, on a 2019 Mustang GT. One of those bittersweet deals. I really, really loved driving the Si, but the lack of hp on the track was eating me up.

I spent 4 days on track with several close friends who were all driving high hp V8s, from a 2018 GT350-R, to a 2014 Z/28 (which was just a beast), to a 2014 Boss302, and several other models like that. With basic mods, the Si held it's own in the twisties, but on the straights, they were just gone.

Basically had the deal of a lifetime fall into my lap with the GT, and I just couldn't pass it up.

I traded the Si in, fully expecting to take it in the shorts, but I was quite surprised at how well it held it's value. Granted, I removed all of the aftermarket stuff (another thread) - and it was 2 years old, with less than 18k miles on it, but still. I was pleased with what the dealer offered.

All in all I truly enjoyed the Civic. It was averaging 35-40 mpg, and still fun to drive.

The only thing I hated about it. The damn seats. I'm not a little guy. I'm 6'4, not fat, per se, but not skinny. And I was never able to get the seats broken in completely to the point where they were 100% comfortable. And constantly banging my head on the roof in the helmet had to be priceless for my students to listen to. <bonk> <bonk> "so if we point the nose here, and then gradually <bonk> apply <bonk> full throt<bonk>tle .... "

I'll miss it, not going to lie.
Keep the rubber side down, y'all.
Sponsored

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Enjoy your new GT :headbang: I still miss my old 2013 - I ordered it and had to wait about 6 weeks before it was delivered. Gotta Have It Green Paint, Recaro seats, and the GT Track Package were the only options I chose. I really enjoyed the heck out of that car :drive:

Honda Civic 10th gen Traded the Si in last week. i1DNdZL

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Dude the mustang has much less room then the SI, your going to have more trouble with the gt

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
But congrats on the new car !

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Dude the mustang has much less room then the SI, your going to have more trouble with the gt
I've rented a few of these, front seats are roomy and comfortable for daily driving, but back seats? If you hate someone, put them in the back!

Congrats on your new car!

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Congrats I’ve been looking at those GT’s for along time now, very nice and great bang for the buck. I’d probably get my license taken away if I bought one tho lol. With the Si I also like the gas mileage, reliability and the Si’s resale value, always been very good. But you only live once, enjoy that Mustang!

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
congrats hope u enjoy it

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll never understand why people trade-in their cars then run and tell the forums about it.
Because many members have friendships on this forum that continue even after they trade their cars. I'll never understand why people are so negative and run and tell the forums just how negative they are...

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Because many members have friendships on this forum that continue even after they trade their cars. I'll never understand why people are so negative and run and tell the forums just how negative they are...
big LOL. I never understand why some people are really like that but oh well

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
big LOL. I never understand why some people are really like that but oh well
Ha ha it's called negativity. It spreads like a herpes infection. The world has to much of that, unfortunately

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And I'll never understand why people need to shit on other people's threads. Merry Christmas.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And I'll never understand why people need to shit on other people's threads. Merry Christmas.
Hey bro, it's all good. We're happy for you, don't let one negative post ruin your day

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thing is, i'll be back. ;) I started in a 91 Civic Si, then moved to a 95 Prelude VTEC (then a 99, then an 01 S2K) ... I'll totally be back ;)