kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I’ve gotten the low tire pressure light before and have checked the pressure, calibrated system, and moved on. Today I got this for the first time.....

I checked pressure on all 4 and everything checks out but it keeps coming back on? Really don’t want to have to bring it to Honda lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS 091D5BDF-C655-4A08-8FD5-864737EECA8C
Sponsored

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
I was getting the same msg, what I ended up doing was calibrated the tire pressure on the morning before I left to work, the problem hasn't come back. Prior to that I had fired off 3 sep. times... Hope it works out for you good luck

SBPerformance

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo, 2003 350z, 1998 CRV, 2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My "low tire pressure" light comes on every couple hundred miles, it's quite annoying. But, I haven't had a problem code yet.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
well my TPMS came on a couple times as false alarms before, and i always checked all tires with gauge everytime it first came on.

And the last time it happened a day ago, i found my driver rear was at 15psi only, wth! These tires hold up pretty good even when they r low on air but the bad side of it is that you can hardly tell by just looking at them thou.

Now my car is on ezcarlift at home and i m waiting for a replacement.

Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS IMG_20190715_114346

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
OMG .. a picture is worth 1000 words, but I cannot resist..
Let me be the first, and hopefully the last.

"You got Screwed" !!!

Your tire is exactly what I would feel like, if I were to visiting a car Dealer for service work..

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
LOL I know and it was a damn long screw too! And I took my tire to DiscountTire and they did a wonderful to dismount it without a scratch on my wheel :thumbsup: I have to say this is the best DiscountTire store, been bringing all my cars to for tire services. The ppl there are professional and super nice! If anyone from MN, this is the shop in Shakopee - you won't be disappointed.

BTW - my new tire is $304 + tax and fees

BBBTW - Since the bad tire has only 2k mileages, i plan to chop it up for jack pad purpose, any suggestion on how to do it??

OMG .. a picture is worth 1000 words, but I cannot resist..
Let me be the first, and hopefully the last.

"You got Screwed" !!!

Your tire is exactly what I would feel like, if I were to visiting a car Dealer for service work..

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
BTW - my new tire is $304 + tax and fees

BBBTW - Since the bad tire has only 2k mileages, i plan to chop it up for jack pad purpose, any suggestion on how to do it??
While you may well want to have a NEW Tire, is the tire in any way repairable, and have some value to someone else.
Seems a shame to CUT UP a tire with only 2K miles on it.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Discount Tire ppl said it is not repairable though, thats y i am getting a replacement.

But sure if anyone in my area can get some usage out of it, feel free to dm me and i am more than willing to give it away :thumbsup:

While you may well want to have a NEW Tire, is the tire in any way repairable, and have some value to someone else.
Seems a shame to CUT UP a tire with only 2K miles on it.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Discount Tire ppl said it is not repairable though, thats y i am getting a replacement.

But sure if anyone in my area can get some usage out of it, feel free to dm me and i am more than willing to give it away :thumbsup:
LOL -- of course the "Discount Tire" ppl are going to say it's NOT Repairable

(1) They want to sell you a new tire.
(2) They do not want to risk the liability if they repair the tire, and then anything happens later that can be blamed on their repair.

You are a generous guy to offer to give it away :)

I have no need for the tire, but anyone wanting a spare tire, might do far better getting that REAL tire repaired, to use as an emergency "spare tire" , rather than the restricted Donut tires that most end up with.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I had one slightly larger tire put on for a day while my new tires were being ordered and that triggered that warning for me. Once all tires were the same size I calibrated and never saw again
Sponsored