Tpms on but pressure good?

Bblue2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda civic
Country flag
Sorry didnt know where to post but my 2015 civic light went on while driving on the freeway. Had it checked and pressure was at 34 for all tires. The guy took it to 32. Drove 30 minutes and light is still on. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Sorry didnt know where to post but my 2015 civic light went on while driving on the freeway. Had it checked and pressure was at 34 for all tires. The guy took it to 32. Drove 30 minutes and light is still on. Any suggestions?
It's possible one of your sensors went bad? I'm not exactly sure how the TPMS works in the 2015s, but I would take it to your dealer/service department if they would work on it under warranty since it's a relatively new car.

OP
OP

Bblue2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda civic
Country flag
The thought occurred to me but I'm used to them lasting awhile before that issue. But it could happen sooner? And the guy said it could be the spare, which he didn't check. Is that really a possibility?

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Is the spare tire on the car right now? If it is then yeah that might be causing an issue. If the spare isn't on then it likely isn't monitored at all.

As far as it being possible for it to have gone bad already, anything is possible. It could have been damaged at some point pre-assembly and was good enough to work and pass inspection but failed sooner. Like I said, not 100% sure how the system works.

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Is the spare tire on the car right now? If it is then yeah that might be causing an issue. If the spare isn't on then it likely isn't monitored at all.

As far as it being possible for it to have gone bad already, anything is possible. It could have been damaged at some point pre-assembly and was good enough to work and pass inspection but failed sooner. Like I said, not 100% sure how the system works.
It compares tire rotation speeds on the 4 wheels using ABS sensors. A low tire will rotate faster etc.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my low tire pressure warning come on just the other day. Tires were under 30 psi?!?! Hadn't honestly checked it since I took it off the lot. But then even after getting the tire pressures back up to normal range the warning stayed on.

Is this what you're talking about?

If so, you have to go into your vehicles settings and reset the TPMS calibration.

Here's how:

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/in...edan/features/Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
These cars don't have any sensors in the wheels. Honda uses a indirect system now. It could be acting up, or it could be a fluke. Just reset it, and if it acts up again, have it checked uner warranty.

82801BA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I had the same problem with my Accord last night...All pressure were read at 32. I was thinking may be I didn't rotate the tires (12000 miles) so the rears spin much slower, enough to throw off warning?

nra4usa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic and 2016 Tacoma
Country flag
My TPMS light keeps coming on, too. There seems to be alot of confusion as to how it works. I thought they all used sensors in the tires.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
My TPMS light keeps coming on, too. There seems to be alot of confusion as to how it works. I thought they all used sensors in the tires.
Do you own a pressure gauge?

Have you inflated the tires to the pressures listed on the sticker in the door jamb?

Always double-check the pressures after it's been in the shop for any reason.

nra4usa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic and 2016 Tacoma
Country flag
Yes and yes. The light stays on.

sdfdsfsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Sedan
There is a re-calibration process for TPMS if everything is inflated correctly but it is not going away. Double check it really is inflated correctly (32 PSI cold). All times must be same size also. Then see page 447 of the owner's manual. On EX and above, go to Vehicle Settings -> TPMS Calibration -> Calibrate. Drive for 30 minutes.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you own a pressure gauge?

Have you inflated the tires to the pressures listed on the sticker in the door jamb?

Always double-check the pressures after it's been in the shop for any reason.
AND run the TPMS recalibrate routine each time you change/adjust pressure(s).
Sponsored