TPMS false alarms

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I just had this problem today for the first time. Came on 3 times so far today. Filled them all up again a few points over the suggested number. We'll see.
Lights came back on a few times in the past few days. Tires seem to be all about the same pressure too. Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
For Si it's 33psi front and 32psi rear (cold tire pressures) TPMS will trigger when it's too high or low.
Even if you change the tires? I'm on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, and Costco put a sticker on my windshield that says 32 PSI for both front and rear.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Even if you change the tires? I'm on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, and Costco put a sticker on my windshield that says 32 PSI for both front and rear.
That's not much of a difference. Tire pressure gauges aren't exactly precision instruments.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Lights came back on a few times in the past few days. Tires seem to be all about the same pressure too. Anyone have any ideas?
I suggest to bring to the dealer or tire center. It may not be a false alarm. It could be a slow leaks somewhere.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
the tpms system in these cars can be calibrated with a good scan tool for hot or cold weather,for those that don't know mine was triggering all the time till I calibrated it with a scan tool since the weather were I live is hot all year around and I like my tires at 40psi at the front 37 at the back for bad road condition this to protect the wheel ,this way has saved me from many wheel bends ,and as for tire life the harder the better as long as you don't pass tire inflation limits .

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
As long as the tire size is same. you need to maintain same pressures as recommended

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 civic hatch ST,
Country flag
Soon after I bought my 18 st hatch, my TPMS sensor would constantly go off. At least once or twice a week. Took it to the dealership and they couldn't figure it out.
After about a year and constantly recalibrating my TPMS the dealership finally found out the original front tire was on the back. Apparently this fixed the issue. Although I still usually get a TPMS sensor go off on trips longer than an hour or so.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Soon after I bought my 18 st hatch, my TPMS sensor would constantly go off. At least once or twice a week. Took it to the dealership and they couldn't figure it out.
After about a year and constantly recalibrating my TPMS the dealership finally found out the original front tire was on the back. Apparently this fixed the issue. Although I still usually get a TPMS sensor go off on trips longer than an hour or so.
There is nothing different about the tires. They are not assigned to a certain location. There is no TPMS sensor in the tires. The car senses wheel rotation to determine when one tire has significantly less air in it. When a tire has less pressure, it squishes in more and rotates a bit faster than the others.

This system freaks out whenever something is changed and takes like 3-4 recalibrations and not making any changes to the tire pressures for it to finally shut up. (It sucks, yes)

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
There is nothing different about the tires. They are not assigned to a certain location. There is no TPMS sensor in the tires. The car senses wheel rotation to determine when one tire has significantly less air in it. When a tire has less pressure, it squishes in more and rotates a bit faster than the others.

This system freaks out whenever something is changed and takes like 3-4 recalibrations and not making any changes to the tire pressures for it to finally shut up. (It sucks, yes)
"There is no TPMS sensor in the tires."? I saw extra charge for sensors at Costco tire center for certained cars. Those are not TPMS sensors? This sensor thing is new to me... Thanks.

2ndCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic si
Country flag
"There is no TPMS sensor in the tires."? I saw extra charge for sensors at Costco tire center for certained cars. Those are not TPMS sensors? This sensor thing is new to me... Thanks.
Yes, there is no need for you to get the tpms sensors on each tire for the 10th gen civic. A lot of cars need them for direct sensing, but because ours measures tire pressure indirectly it's unnecessary and it's just an extra charge.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yes, there is no need for you to get the tpms sensors on each tire for the 10th gen civic. A lot of cars need them for direct sensing, but because ours measures tire pressure indirectly it's unnecessary and it's just an extra charge.
Good to know. Thanks
Sponsored