Fatheadrr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
So car is brand new with now 200 miles on it. The TPMS has triggered 4 times in as many days. The tires are inflated to 45 which seems high. Can it trigger because its too high as well as to low? Whats everyone have stock set to? Was thinking 35psi.
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The TPMS system relies on rotational speed to determine if a tire is low on pressure. There is no direct measurement of pressure. Sounds like you just need to adjust the pressure in each tire to what it should be and then re-calibrate the TPMS.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Yes, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System does indeed operate by comparing rotational differences. But it seems to be sensitive to uniform over pressure too. Keep your pressures in the mid thirtys and you should be alright.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Also consider your climate. A 10 degree temp spread can cause a 1psi change. So.. 95 and in the sun during the day and then 40 at night? you could have a slight pressure change among the 4 tires. Its "fall", so wild temp swings can cause small issues.

As mentioned, 40+ is too high a PSI. Door jam sticker likely says 32-34psi. Lower all 4 to the same amount and reset the TPMS per the manual. All that said, keep a small manual tire qauge in the glovebox and check them if the system keeps going off.. maybe there is an underlying issue. The low profile tires can be hard to tell if low on air unless they are completely flat. A quick visual isn't always enough.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
For Si it's 33psi front and 32psi rear (cold tire pressures) TPMS will trigger when it's too high or low.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had mine light up on a road trip not too long ago. Pulled over and checked the pressure in all 4 and is fine. Maybe about 4 lbs over the recommended amount which was fine since I had been driving 70mph+ for a few hours. Anyway, put an extra 2 lbs in and went on my way. Next day, checked em cold and they were within 2 lbs of recommended.

anyone, I had to do the recalibration several times before it finally stayed off on my trip back. Still have no idea what caused it.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
35 pounds on these roads were i live trust me I've bin in the car business for years i dont track my ctr

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
. . . anyone, I had to do the recalibration several times before it finally stayed off on my trip back. Still have no idea what caused it.
I had one TPMS alarm. Filled the tires using the gas station reading, recalibrated, still in alarm. I needed to use the tire gauge to get the pressures close enough for the TPMS alarm to reset.

So I suggest checking cold pressures with a decent tire gauge. Hope that helps.

DAC17

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2020 Chevy Bolt, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
Country flag
I just drove from Connecticut to Florida, so the ambient air temps are higher, and my tires are now at 36/35, and my TPS light was set off at the end of the trip. I've tried the recalibration process, but the light still comes on. I assume I have to go to the dealer to get it fixed, but is there any trick I can try on my own?

Thanks.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I just drove from Connecticut to Florida, so the ambient air temps are higher, and my tires are now at 36/35, and my TPS light was set off at the end of the trip. I've tried the recalibration process, but the light still comes on. I assume I have to go to the dealer to get it fixed, but is there any trick I can try on my own?

Thanks.
I just had this problem today for the first time. Came on 3 times so far today. Filled them all up again a few points over the suggested number. We'll see.

2019SIRallye

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan
Country flag
The temp just dropped a few weeks ago in MI. I checked the tires then ran the calibration twice. Now the warning is gone.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
So car is brand new with now 200 miles on it. The TPMS has triggered 4 times in as many days. The tires are inflated to 45 which seems high. Can it trigger because its too high as well as to low? Whats everyone have stock set to? Was thinking 35psi.
This happened to me as well within first week. Took the car in to different dealer and it was too high, like 45psi. Dealer brought them back to 35psi and recalibrated The technician told me to re-calibrate 3 times (not sure why).
Sponsored