fuhongl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
my TPMS was triggered two days in a row. I checked my tire pressure, all of them 32-34. It is hot in summer. I don't want to inflate them.
before that, it only triggered very rarely. Only 2-3 time in three years.
Sponsored

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my TPMS was triggered two days in a row. I checked my tire pressure, all of them 32-34. It is hot in summer. I don't want to inflate them.
It also happened to me as well. It's the heat that makes the air fluctuates. You should be fine.

OP
OP

fuhongl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
It also happened to me as well. It's the heat that makes the air fluctuates. You should be fine.
So I thought TPMS only triggers when the tire pressure is low. It is supposed to trigger when tire pressure is high?
Do we need to loose some pressure in the summer in the super hot summer days like this year?
I am in Texas.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I thought TPMS only triggers when the tire pressure is low. It is supposed to trigger when tire pressure is high?
Do we need to loose some pressure in the summer in the super hot summer days like this year?
I am in Texas.
Yes. The heat messed up with the parameters. Bring it in your dealership and they know what to do. I'm in Dallas lol

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you tried to reset the TPMS through the head unit? It'll reset and calibrate over a period of driving. I had a few false alerts after I had a nail patched in my last set of tires.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Are all your tires the same brand? Might happen if you have a different tire

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am in Texas.
What we have is an indirect TPMS.
This means that it does not measure the air pressure in the tire, but rather a difference in wheel rotation due to a variant in pressure. Be it high or low.
Try checking the pressure first thing in the morning. I bet you find that one of the tires is a tad lower than the rest.

etcsthorne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What we have is an indirect TPMS.
This means that it does not measure the air pressure in the tire, but rather a difference in wheel rotation due to a variant in pressure. Be it high or low.
Try checking the pressure first thing in the morning. I bet you find that one of the tires is a tad lower than the rest.
^^^^This^^^^^^

CastorX

First Name
BalƔzs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
TPMS in these Civics SUCK!
I can ask my ex colleague what they did wrong :)
He did the ITPMS Hardware-In-thā€”Loop tests by the Conti MK100 ESP modules of these cars. (This doesnā€™t mean he knows the real-world performance of the system) I also tested these systems betweem 2011 and 2013 by Continental but not for the Civic.
Ironically I had yesterday 2 false warnings.
But Iā€™m not sure if the civics only check the tyre rotation speeds. They might use eigenfrequency analysis of the wheel speed signals too.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
There is the full reset of the TPMS system. Fill your tires to spec (cold tires to appropriate pressure, if the tires recently drove, wait a few hours minimum). Recalibrate the TPMS 3x in a row (waiting 10 seconds in between I think). The tire pressure light on your dash will flash a few times and calibration will start. Once the calibration is done, the TPMS system should "remember" the tire speed as the right tire speed. If you're getting multiple warnings about pressure, this may fix your issue.

CastorX

First Name
BalƔzs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
There is the full reset of the TPMS system. Fill your tires to spec (cold tires to appropriate pressure, if the tires recently drove, wait a few hours minimum). Recalibrate the TPMS 3x in a row (waiting 10 seconds in between I think). The tire pressure light on your dash will flash a few times and calibration will start. Once the calibration is done, the TPMS system should "remember" the tire speed as the right tire speed. If you're getting multiple warnings about pressure, this may fix your issue.
I will also try that too. But to be honest, I donā€™t think there is a so called ā€˜full resetā€™. And the system actually checks the ratio between the wheel speeds (but i donā€™t know the exact formula anymore) and thats the reason why this system canā€™t warn you when the pressure drops in all 4 wheels the same amount. There is however a variant that can do that (like i wrote before) it uses frequency analysis on the wheel speed signals.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You gotta drive the car for 30 minutes after starting the calibration process.
Sponsored