TPMS - DIRECT after-market - Integrated into AA

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I am 99% sure it is on the head unit.
There are detailed instructions on how to modify the Whitelist, and its all about modifying the HONDA Whitelist on the Honda head Unit itself.
Every post I've seen about modifying the whitelist in the headunit has been to allow installing unapproved apps into the headunit. Not related to Android Auto.
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I am 99% sure it is on the head unit.
There are detailed instructions on how to modify the Whitelist, and its all about modifying the HONDA Whitelist on the Honda head Unit itself.

If I am wrong -- please can you give me some link to somewhere where it clearly states and describes that the whitelist is on the Phone.
that's if you want to add apps to the headunit.

Android auto streams off of your phone. hence why you have plug your phone in to use android auto. waze was added cause android auto app was updated to accept it. 2016-2019 civics have it

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Every post I've seen about modifying the whitelist in the headunit has been to allow installing unapproved apps into the headunit. Not related to Android Auto.
GREAT -- I was incorrect - that is fantastic news !!

I think I was getting confused (as you say) with Installing APKs on the HU.

So, it's up to Google and the version of Android Auto on the Phone, as to which apps it will support and "Stream" Video across to the Head Unit. That actually makes very good sense.

The question now is, why the TPMS app worked for the developer in the YouTube Video, and why it did not work when I tried it.

There are numerous Music Players, (ie Spotify, Pandora), and GPS apps (Google Maps & Warez), that work. (Personally seen them working), as well as the Phone apps, but I have never seen any "OTHER Apps" that should appear on the Menus that has "Return to Honda Link). That is where the TPMS app appeared in the Video, but on when I tried it ...

Getting closer !!!!

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
yuo can modify the android auto app on the phone to accept on other apps to show up

spacegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 #739 & '20 FK7 (me) & '24 Seqouia (wifey)
Country flag
In the meanwhile, I think I have come up with a viable alternative.:thumbsup:

A completely Independent DIRECT TPMS system, using external Tire sensors (easy/cheap to install or remove).. easy to change their batteries, and an independent display, that only requires a USB supply, that can be got from a USB charger in the 12v Service socket.

The display is designed to sit on the dashboard, and even has a Solar Panel to keep it charged.
Not so sure I would like it stuck up there -- so -

The display should be able to mount in the center dashboard area, where the small shelf is, hopefully VELCRO-ED to the top surface, leaving plenty of room underneath for the Phone etc/
(Don't need the Solar cells, it can be plugged into the 12v aux socket)

And the AMAZING part .. $28.15 for the whole system. (Incl shipping !!! )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System-TPMS-w-4-External-Sensors-Bar-PSI-Unit-C1E3/132367486699?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Quite a few similar TPMS systems on Ebay, but this is one of the few that has both selectable PSI /BAR and DegC/DegF, and is ULTRA INEXPENSIVE.

s-l1600.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I agree with wanting an accurate reading on my tires. people spend waaaaaay more money on things that do nothing useful, except aesthetics. I ordered a system just like this from amazon for my Type R the day after driving it 900 miles home from where I had to buy it for msrp. I was so paranoid rolling on the 30 series tires, and then dropping from Colorado altitude down to Texas set off my tpms, and I'm on the side of the highway in the middle of the night, checking tire pressures manually. (and they were fine, which is why I think altitude was the problem). I mounted the display exactly where you described, and it is very lightweight, stays put, and I actually like the way it looks. I have checked the pressures manually vs the display and it has always been within 1psi. Its been working for me since july 2017. typing this from work, so no pic, sorry.

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe, 2017 CRV, 2002 Mercedes E320 wagon, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 E320 sedan, 1986 944T, 1972 land Rover
Country flag
Nice post - was just searching to find out about after market tpms. Reason being I swapped on a set of winter wheels and tires did were different from the original wheels (it’s an Si snows are on 17”) and I know they were not all the same pressure. No warning when I drove to the second garage to pressurize the tires (where I found out my compressor is tripping the ground falt - another thing to debug) so 3 mi drive to a place to fill the tires - no warnings.
Then drove about 10 mi to an appointment still no warning. Hit calibrate then, so seems like factory rev count is not worth much.

Looks like I’ll order one of these from eBay!
Thanks for the pointer!!
Paul

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Decided to do one better than just the Direct TPMS/

Add an Oil Pressure / Oil Temperature gauge as well, with the temperature being switchable between Oil & Coolant Temperature.

Below is a Photo of the prototype / Mock up.

Still enough room to slide the Smartphone under the Panel.

100% Removable, without leaving any trace, should that be required.

Honda Civic 10th gen TPMS -  DIRECT after-market - Integrated into AA prototype_mockup_TPMS_OIl

With all this concern about Oil Dilution, and oil getting up to temperature, alt least this allow me to monitor what is happening as far as the Oil is concerned, and what difference the current TSB for Oil dilution will make

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe, 2017 CRV, 2002 Mercedes E320 wagon, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 E320 sedan, 1986 944T, 1972 land Rover
Country flag
found this one on ebay - looks similar - allows C/F and bar/psi. I just sent a question if the panel/mounting surface adjusts? if yes a good spot for it may be up by the mirror in the dotted over section. It may be able to fully charge there with no cable, yes some blocking of the light but probably plenty for the panel sitting out in the sun a lot of the time. If not adjustable ill save the ~$10 get the same one you have and Velcro it to the top of the cubby.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-T...h=item3644a8b186:g:s2oAAOSwRsxcLtFu:rk:6:pf:0

Paul
Sponsored