Touring Tweeter Upgrade

megaphone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR R-16412
Country flag
Just completed this exact install for my 2017 CTR. It is a dramatic improvement. The songs have more clarity, they no longer sound like its being muffled. Thanks for the recommendation.
Did you do just the tweeter or both the tweeter and woofer? Excited to change out my CTR speakers as well lol
Sponsored

jacobc8701

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you do just the tweeter or both the tweeter and woofer? Excited to change out my CTR speakers as well lol
I did both the tweeter and the amp/subwoofer (kicker hideaway). I'm no audiophile but even I can tell there is a huge improvement in the sound quality.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Pretty sure someone mentioned somewhere that the factory stock tweeters have a crossover built into them. So if you upgraded you will need to use a crossover.
16+ Civic (and pretty much all modern Honda) has all "crossovers" build into the amp itself. Each channel has its own output and frequency range.

If amp is bypassed I believe you will need a new crossover.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
I did both the tweeter and the amp/subwoofer (kicker hideaway). I'm no audiophile but even I can tell there is a huge improvement in the sound quality.
I’m looking to do the exact same thing now. Would you be able to provide part numbers to the parts that you used? Tweeter, sub, amp? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

jacobc8701

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m looking to do the exact same thing now. Would you be able to provide part numbers to the parts that you used? Tweeter, sub, amp? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
I purchased the kicker hideaway hs8 on amazon. And the tweeters were from hertz(I don't remember the part number but someone else on this forum posted a link) also on amazon. Install was pretty straight forward.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I purchased the kicker hideaway hs8 on amazon. And the tweeters were from hertz(I don't remember the part number but someone else on this forum posted a link) also on amazon. Install was pretty straight forward.
The kicker hideaway will go into the stock location of the sub or where does it go?

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I put mine under the passenger seat.
just looked it up. Looks like a nice unit. Did the power cord come with it? Your passenger seat is manual or power adjustable? How much better than the factory one did it sound? Is there a write up somewhere here about the install and how to get the input signals for this?

jacobc8701

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
just looked it up. Looks like a nice unit. Did the power cord come with it? Your passenger seat is manual or power adjustable? How much better than the factory one did it sound? Is there a write up somewhere here about the install and how to get the input signals for this?
Yes, everything is included in the box. I have a manual seat. It sounds way better, once dialed in.

There are plenty of youtube videos on how to install one.

megaphone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR R-16412
Country flag
I got speaker adaptors for the mids, how do the tweeter hook up to the stock system? Will I need to solder some wires or is there a standard wire connector for the tweeters?

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Go back and read all these posts please. The answer is there. There were a few ways.

megaphone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR R-16412
Country flag
Go back and read all these posts please. The answer is there. There were a few ways.
I’ve seen someone make his own which I’m not savvy enough to do and then jam the wire in the plug which my Focal ISS 165 wires are too thick to do that.

Did anyone happen to just simply cut the old connector off and connect the wires?

Last edited:

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did read that here. You only need the old tweeter if you’re putting it back in.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's so many options for tweeters... but from experience which tweeters have you guys bought and tested that have significance upgrade on the sound system?
personally i only run jl audio. im really fighting with the subwoofer because jl's is .36" too big. If i use a mount, idk if ill have room.
Sponsored