bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
^Thanks again guys. Guess I'll be ordering the polks soon.

Last question...Do I have to take the door panel off to remove the sail panel? I have read yes and no and would like confirmation.
You have to unclip the top, which is very easy and then can easily pop the tweeters out. I just started at the bottom front, then worked my way up.
Sponsored

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
^Thanks again guys. Guess I'll be ordering the polks soon.

Last question...Do I have to take the door panel off to remove the sail panel? I have read yes and no and would like confirmation.
Absolutely not. You just have to release the clips below the door sail, which you can do by grasping the side of the door panel below the sail and pulling firmly. Once the clips release, the sail comes right off.

PGean

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic ST, 2015 X5, 2009 MDX
Country flag
Thanks to both of you. I think I'm done with the questions for now lol

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I actually just finished this. They sound MUCH better than the JBLs, but honestly I wish I would have just kept the original tweeters in them. The highs are too high for me still, I think. I'm gonna let it go for a week with them and see. but the Polks were INSANELY easy to install. Literally just used everything how it came, popped it together and was done. I had already soldered the wires in the door for the JBLs and they used the same connectors. With the JBLs, I had to go get some rubber washers or I would have had to do some sort of cutting/grinding/sanding/something. Definitely loved how easy the Polks were to install.
Think maybe better lower door speakers to help with midrange will make the highs not seem so high?

Keeping an eye on this thread since I want to upgrade my vehicle.

onest0p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 2018 Hacthback
Country flag
Anyone selling their stock tweeters ?

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
the polk cups just so happen to be perfect to anyone feeling like the highs are to high use the crossovers they come with made a world of difference I did it both ways for door panel on off I highly recommend taking them off its extremely easy and makes install way way easier to do I can help ya with the polks there are a few steps involved you have to pop off the factory trim garnish inside the actual triangle pod then trim a tiny bit off them to get cup in snug then use hardware to polish it off. They really match stock colors nicely they look really clean and sound great. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask :) sorry for taking so long to reply I didn't see this post

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
the polk cups just so happen to be perfect to anyone feeling like the highs are to high use the crossovers they come with made a world of difference I did it both ways for door panel on off I highly recommend taking them off its extremely easy and makes install way way easier to do I can help ya with the polks there are a few steps involved you have to pop off the factory trim garnish inside the actual triangle pod then trim a tiny bit off them to get cup in snug then use hardware to polish it off. They really match stock colors nicely they look really clean and sound great. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask :) sorry for taking so long to reply I didn't see this post
If using the crossover how did you wire it up and where did you place them? Which model?

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
If using the crossover how did you wire it up and where did you place them? Which model?
I taped and hot glued the crossovers right inside the triangle tweeter pods super easy and sounds way better and if they are still to harsh there is a yellow wire loop you just snip to reduce the output even more I didn't need to though. This is the crossovers that came with the polk db1001 tweeters that I'm referring to

LegendaryElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
Did you also upgrade the other speakers? I plan to upgrade the two front speakers with Polk DB652 (Amazon has them on sale), and the tweeters with Polk DB1001. Just wondering if they match with each other in terms of sound characteristics. Also for DB1001, did you do any soldering? And is it correct that EX and Type-R have the same tweeter in the front?

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Did you also upgrade the other speakers? I plan to upgrade the two front speakers with Polk DB652 (Amazon has them on sale), and the tweeters with Polk DB1001. Just wondering if they match with each other in terms of sound characteristics. Also for DB1001, did you do any soldering? And is it correct that EX and Type-R have the same tweeter in the front?
I left the back alone Honda doesn't send enough power back there to be worth the hassle the front I put in kicker ks 6.75 they are bigger than 6.5 but easily fit they are so shallow yet still produce a unbelievable amount of midbass I have a set of the polk db675 but the kickers were shockingly cleaner in the vocal ranges so I stuck with them id check out the 6.75 ks series I would be willing to bet you will love them and crutchfield gives you the brackets and harnesses for free :) there is better brands out there but with the 4 civics we have owned and used these kickers just really match up well and shine over better speakers I own and have tried.

This is whats in my car now,

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206KSC6704/Kicker-44KSC6704.html?tp=78072

LegendaryElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
I left the back alone Honda doesn't send enough power back there to be worth the hassle the front I put in kicker ks 6.75 they are bigger than 6.5 but easily fit they are so shallow yet still produce a unbelievable amount of midbass I have a set of the polk db675 but the kickers were shockingly cleaner in the vocal ranges so I stuck with them id check out the 6.75 ks series I would be willing to bet you will love them and crutchfield gives you the brackets and harnesses for free :) there is better brands out there but with the 4 civics we have owned and used these kickers just really match up well and shine over better speakers I own and have tried.
Thank you so much for your reply! So you are now rocking polk db1001 and Kicker KSC6704 together? Due to my budget, I don't plan to use any amp for now, is the stock system powerful enough to drive them?
If so, I think I'll get the same combination this week and change the rear speaker then add a sub later. The separation of the stock system on my EX is really bad.

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Thank you so much for your reply! So you are now rocking polk db1001 and Kicker KSC6704 together? Due to my budget, I don't plan to use any amp for now, is the stock system powerful enough to drive them?
If so, I think I'll get the same combination this week and change the rear speaker then add a sub later. The separation of the stock system on my EX is really bad.
yeah and it sounds really good for a stock setup stock amp i would say if you can also seal the doors with sound deadening that helped even more and when you do the install I can always help ya through any part of it if questions arise :)

LegendaryElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
yeah and it sounds really good for a stock setup stock amp i would say if you can also seal the doors with sound deadening that helped even more and when you do the install I can always help ya through any part of it if questions arise :)
That sounds great, much appreciated. Already purchased, now hope them arrive before weekend so I can put them on this week!