Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Anyone confirm how much modification is needed for the JBL Tweeter?
Not sure but I know the JBL is smaller than the Hertz, so you'll probably need a spacer or gasket to fit in the tweeter hole in the door sail.
Sponsored

PGean

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic ST, 2015 X5, 2009 MDX
Country flag
Not sure but I know the JBL is smaller than the Hertz, so you'll probably need a spacer or gasket to fit in the tweeter hole in the door sail.
Thanks. Just looking for one that would me the least amount of modification

Lazerline19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Polk db1001 are exact fit fit looks completely stock fitment 1 inch tweeter is the better option for this car haven't hooked up yet probably this weekend always loved these tweeters though

Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Tweeter Upgrade IMG_1616.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Tweeter Upgrade IMG_1622.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Tweeter Upgrade IMG_1623.JPG

iTzLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
There's so many options for tweeters... but from experience which tweeters have you guys bought and tested that have significance upgrade on the sound system?

HeathRorie

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
So, I swapped the tweeters and sub in my type R this weekend. I used the 8 inch punch sub that was suggested here and, though it doesn't have a huge kick (amp will be my next upgrade,) it is a phonomonal upgrade to the stock sub.

I used the JBL tweeters suggested here too and.... I'm not as happy with them. the highs are too high. I've got the treble turned down some and it faded to the back some and, I was starting to get a headache by the time I got home from work. Do you guys have any ideas/thoughts/suggestions? I'm not sure if I'm just not used to them being that high or if maybe I should try a different set of tweeters? I can definitely hear a lot more quality than I could before, but the highs are just ear piercing.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I really like the Hertz tweeters. Didn't hear a big difference at first but after two weeks it's a noticeable improvement.

HeathRorie

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Anyone confirm how much modification is needed for the JBL Tweeter?
I went to lowes and got these, cut the hole in the middle out so that the tweeter (with directional mount) fit inside it, and screwed it together. Easy as hell. If you're looking really close to it you can tell, it's not perfect. but from a few feet back you really can't, they look fine. I didn't want this to be a permanent thing in case I didn't like them and went a different route. As far as wiring, I used this (below.) I simply cut the wires in the door and soldered the connectors from the crossover that comes with the tweeters (Everyone says they're not needed, right?) and just attached those to the JBLs and was done.
this is how mine was

Driver side
Green - Pos
Yellow - Neg

Passenger side|
Pink - Pos
Blue - Neg

PGean

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Polk db1001 are exact fit fit looks completely stock fitment 1 inch tweeter is the better option for this car haven't hooked up yet probably this weekend always loved these tweeters though

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG
Any update? How did this turn out?

HeathRorie

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Any update? How did this turn out?
I actually just finished this. They sound MUCH better than the JBLs, but honestly I wish I would have just kept the original tweeters in them. The highs are too high for me still, I think. I'm gonna let it go for a week with them and see. but the Polks were INSANELY easy to install. Literally just used everything how it came, popped it together and was done. I had already soldered the wires in the door for the JBLs and they used the same connectors. With the JBLs, I had to go get some rubber washers or I would have had to do some sort of cutting/grinding/sanding/something. Definitely loved how easy the Polks were to install.

PGean

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
^ Thanks!
I did 11 dollar Soundstream 1” tweeters as a I had broken my two rear tweeters in removal of the rear deck the first time for sound proofing.

I can say the cheap sound streams are Much louder and less breaking up at the stock power levels. I will be replacing my other set of stock tweeters with an additional set of sound streams now:)

PGean

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So would it be safe to say that any 1" tweeter would be a direct replacement wit the lease amount of modification?

HeathRorie

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
So would it be safe to say that any 1" tweeter would be a direct replacement wit the lease amount of modification?
Not sure. With the Polks, they came with a mount that just happened to fit perfectly in the stock enclosure and looked great. No real way to say that every other 1 inch will be the same. If the Polks didn't have this one plastic piece, it would look like shit.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
I would say Nope - I had to modify mine to get the to fit, but it was minimal. The Polk setup looks to be the most straight forward

PGean

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
^Thanks again guys. Guess I'll be ordering the polks soon.

Last question...Do I have to take the door panel off to remove the sail panel? I have read yes and no and would like confirmation.
Sponsored

Last edited: