Touring sedan tweeter upgrade! HELP!

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys I need help.. I purchased the Polk tweeters as seen on a few threads in this forum but I can’t seem to find what piece of the door panel to pry out to get the tweeter sail off.. can you guys show a picture please? Also how do we determine left and right on the tweeter?? I have the 2017 touring sedan.. thanks in advance, ily
Sponsored

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You need to remove the door skin first.

Pry up the power window switch panel - just use your fingers no need for a screwdriver
Remove the long screw behind the panel
Starting by the woofer, carefully pry back the door skin by hand, the entire thing is held in by pop in clips.

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
actually you dont need to remove the door panels off to get to the tweeter sails. Tweeter sails have 2 clips. Start from the middle of the sail, and work upwards to the point on the door seal side, not the window side.

OP
OP
Royalz_2o9

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
actually you dont need to remove the door panels off to get to the tweeter sails. Tweeter sails have 2 clips. Start from the middle of the sail, and work upwards to the point on the door seal side, not the window side.
will i need the crossover included with the polks?? i have the touring with premium sound so im guessing the amp is doing the crossover since i dont see the little capacitor on the tweeter itself?

OP
OP
Royalz_2o9

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
You need to remove the door skin first.

Pry up the power window switch panel - just use your fingers no need for a screwdriver
Remove the long screw behind the panel
Starting by the woofer, carefully pry back the door skin by hand, the entire thing is held in by pop in clips.
Thanks Bro! i will try this as soon as im off work:)

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
will i need the crossover included with the polks?? i have the touring with premium sound so im guessing the amp is doing the crossover since i dont see the little capacitor on the tweeter itself?

IMO try it with the crossover and without it. See which sounds better, then do the final install.

himynameisaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl White Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Wouldn't use the crossover. I did a full component install with crossovers and it sounded like shit. You're basically crossing over what the amp already did itself.

OP
OP
Royalz_2o9

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Wouldn't use the crossover. I did a full component install with crossovers and it sounded like shit. You're basically crossing over what the amp already did itself.
thats exactly what i was thinking since our cars dont have the crossovers on tweeters like lower models, had to be coming from amp. thanks man! did you remove the whole door panel to get the tweeter sails off?

himynameisaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl White Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
thats exactly what i was thinking since our cars dont have the crossovers on tweeters like lower models, had to be coming from amp. thanks man! did you remove the whole door panel to get the tweeter sails off?
Nah you don't have to. Just pop the door panel around the sail and the sail will pop out easily.