Touring Owners (Does the chrome door handles and door grill bother you?)

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
I'm not a huge fan of the hatchback body style but I hate the chrome grill on the coupes and sedans and the touring trim is even worse with the door handles as well. Does does bother any of you touring owners?
Sponsored

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I hate chrome, and I'm so glad the hatchback came with black grill by default (though I'm annoyed at the chrome around the top of doors). For sedan/coupe, you can change your grill to black (check posts on here).

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My issue with chrome is the same I have with black cars, I LOVE a freshly washed and polished black car....for about 20 seconds, or until a breeze comes and covers the car in what should be invisible dust but somehow magically appears as giant boulders on a black car. The same for chrome, it looks nice when its freshly washed and polished....annnnnd then somehow water spots magically appear and it looks like crap again. I have a touring coupe and Im forever fighting with the chrome to keep is shining, but alas, I live in the pacific northwest where it rains 13 months out of the year.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love chrome on a car sadly my hatchback sport is all black trim and to make it worse is the blak rims they needed to be chrome or at least a polished aluminum

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think it kind of depends on the car paint color too. I blacked out the chrome grille on my dark Cosmic Blue sedan and thought it looked better with the contrast of the chrome.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't have a touring, but as soon as it gets warm, I'm blacking out the chrome.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The grille really isn't enough chrome to bother me, but IMO on a darker color it works well. I like the door handles, it's a differentiator vs. all the EX-Ts I see everyday.

If we were talking late-2000s Chevy amounts of chrome (those damn LTZ rims), it'd be a different story.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In general i'm not a fan of chrome but for the first time on this car i love it, because it contrasts with the otherwise too dark (for me) cosmic blue. I even added chrome door handles to give a bit of shine and movement. At the beginning i had a hard time getting used to this dark thing, because the dark color flattens the body lines and makes the car look smaller.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Without chrome pieces, my car be a gray block.

I think the black grille works better with the bright red, blue, white, or green.

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
I feel chrome complements well with my WOP.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I’m glad the Type R had black trim all around. Usually I’m not bothered by such little details if the vehicle overall is so good but that chrome is a serious turnoff. I do think the chrome accents look good on the Accord, though.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It just depends on the car and color I think unless you just find chrome to be awful. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of chrome, but I find on my dark blue Civic sedan it adds a nice contrast. Blacked out just kind of gives my car a "blah" look. On other hand, many Civics especially the coupes and hatches look great blacked out. The Type R would look silly with chrome.

Here's an example of what I mean:

Modern steel sedan blacked out:
Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Owners (Does the chrome door handles and door grill bother you?) rfInS7x

Modern steel sedan with chrome:
Honda Civic 10th gen Touring Owners (Does the chrome door handles and door grill bother you?) 2016-civic-modernsteel1

In the above case I actually like the chrome better. But it's all in the eye of the beholder.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of the reasons why I bought the Hatchback Sport Touring.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I'm not a huge fan of the hatchback body style but I hate the chrome grill on the coupes and sedans and the touring trim is even worse with the door handles as well. Does does bother any of you touring owners?
I'm not a big fan of the blacked out look. The chrome looks just fine to me!
Sponsored