Touchscreen Issues

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
I have a '19 CTR with just under 450 miles on it. Had a pretty strange issue with my touchscreen (and the digital instrument cluster in general as well) last night - I was driving along with Android Auto and Spotify active when suddenly the system just seemed to crash. Android Auto stopped working completely (wouldn't recognize my phone at all) and the system would take almost 30 seconds to respond when I pressed anything on the touchscreen. Couldn't even change the climate controls. The touchscreen apps kept popping up fail error messages (for example: "Climate is not responding, press ok to end"). Eventually the screen started to go black intermittently.

I restarted the car a couple times, but that didn't seem to help. Instead the digital instrument cluster started to have issues - got a spinning loading wheel of doom underneath the speedo (the area where you can see fuel economy, navigation, etc.) and eventually it just crapped out and went blank.

I saw in an older thread people were having issues with older versions of the software, but nothing on the new cars. Anybody know what's going on?
Sponsored

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
I've never heard or read about this before -- maybe others have -- but this sounds catastrophic enough that I'd take the vehicle in to the dealership ASAP. They should be able to either fix the ECU or replace it.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Definitely bring it in for warranty. I have a 2019 Si and have not experienced any issues like this and it runs flawlessly.

OP
OP
catspaw

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
So just a little update - the problems seemed to have corrected themselves after a day and I'm no longer able to reproduce the issue. If it happens again though I'm definitely taking it in under warranty.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
try rebooting it if it happens next time. Hold down the power button then you should see a reboot button appear
Sponsored