Torn between two colours... Rallye Red or Aegean Blue?

pillarcat12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2004
Country flag
I'm about to purchase the 2019 LX, but I can't seem to decide on a colour. My two favourites are:
  1. Rallye Red

2. Aegean Blue Metallic
I don't know too much about cars, so I'm hoping some of you might have some insight on how these colours are maintained. I live in an urban area (where we have both lots of sun in the summer and lots of snow/salt in the winter). I really do like both of them equally, I may be slightly leaning towards the red but I have more concerns about this colour. Mainly, I'm concerned about (a) fading, as I don't plan on waxing the car every week and (b) potential vandalism? It seems like a flashier colour to me, and I'm worried it may bring more attention to the car (even though it's not a very pricey one). This is my first new car, so these concerns may not be really all that valid. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I have the blue. I like it and don't regret it. The only time I got a speeding ticket was when I had a red car, not sure that really means anything. I think the red is too flashy.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
If you like attention and being spotted easy go red. If not id go blue, or prefer black or white. Red screams pull me over.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I've seen in pics and in person, the aegean blue seems to have more depth to it. I don't really like the red on our civics, it looks too flat IMO.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sure you can guess my preference.
Honda Civic 10th gen Torn between two colours... Rallye Red or Aegean Blue? 20180707_163159

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Red is the only way to go! Blue not even on my top 3 list ... the contrast between the black plastic and WHITE is top notch - no doubt. I have received at least 5 folks giving props and one guy stopped me in traffic to comment on my car - however - it's the pure raw sex of the COUPE and Ralley Red that work - Sedan - not so much ... Just my opionion ... Coupe and red is ... drop the f'n mike and ... nothing more to say.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
I'm about to purchase the 2019 LX, but I can't seem to decide on a colour. My two favourites are:
  1. Rallye Red

2. Aegean Blue Metallic
I don't know too much about cars, so I'm hoping some of you might have some insight on how these colours are maintained. I live in an urban area (where we have both lots of sun in the summer and lots of snow/salt in the winter). I really do like both of them equally, I may be slightly leaning towards the red but I have more concerns about this colour. Mainly, I'm concerned about (a) fading, as I don't plan on waxing the car every week and (b) potential vandalism? It seems like a flashier colour to me, and I'm worried it may bring more attention to the car (even though it's not a very pricey one). This is my first new car, so these concerns may not be really all that valid. What are your thoughts?
Doesn't matter. If you're like me 6 months down the road you wish you had the other. Lol.
For the record I have the red and it does look good but red fades faster than any other color if you don't wax it.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I think they're both nice but think the Aegean Blue really stands out. I'm glad you're looking at something with color & am sure you'll be happy with either one.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
I have Aegean Blue and it looks nice when freshly polished, but the best color if you keep your car a long time is Modern Steel Metallic. It still looks classy after 10 years while most other colors fade.

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Don’t like either to be honest. Both stand out too much for me. I like black cars and white cars.
Sponsored