Top Gear review up

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
Someone did link to this review in a catchbag thread, but I think it deserves its own topic to bring it to everyone's attention. It's the first substantive review to date - it seems likely the UK and Europe generally have an earlier embargo end-date than we do over here (or else TG jumped the gun).

They loved it, and cited only a few weaknesses, primarily the interior styling and the infotainment tech:

...having just done eight laps of the Lausitzring – opened in the early Noughties for Champ Car racing – we’re going to stick our bits on the block and name this the new hot hatch king. The Civic Type-R is fast, has electrifying turn-in, superb mid-corner balance and adjustability, and is wonderfully stable under high speed braking.​
Sponsored

Last edited:

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Every FK8 review I read just adds to my hype meter. I expect to be fully hyped on the 14th when this embargo is supposedly lifted and we see what people like HPJ and EE say from their test in Canada over the weekend. Where's my CTR!?:banghead:

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
" Oh, and drive-by-wire throttle appears for first time, as well as electric power steering. "
This is BS.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
" Oh, and drive-by-wire throttle appears for first time, as well as electric power steering. "
This is BS.
Their review lost credibility when I read that. Hondas have been using drive by wire for a while now.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Were they talking about past CTRs? Or were they referring to Hondas in general?
"Oh, and drive-by-wire throttle appears for first time, as well as electric power steering."

FK2 had drive by wire and electric steering. So it wasn't the first CTR to have it.

OP
OP

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
Well at least the reviews so far are indicating that the throttle is very responsive with no rev hang, and that is what is important.
Sponsored