Top Gear America - Honda Civic Hatch is the reasonably priced car!

213NSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX, S2K, CTR, ITR, etc
Country flag
Honestly, I much prefer YouTube, and The Forums, and Twitch, and other Streams, to the Network "Car Shows" these days. Call me "old school" hehe...

Honda Civic 10th gen Top Gear America - Honda Civic Hatch is the reasonably priced car! EA2120886B5ABA972B5C3C41F198C337916D51FB
Sponsored

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I would have liked to seen an LX MT with traction control off. Either way, the Civ will be competitive against any car in its class which we all know is not just hatches but sedans and coupes with similar attributes. Even with normal drivers who don't push the corners, it is just too still and composed of a str8 line drive to lose, even overcoming the soft suspension in the corners.

itacrx21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #2652, 1988 Honda Crx Si, 2017 Honda CRV, 2007 Mazda 6
Country flag
I've watched both episodes and I think the show has some potential. I liked the Adam, Rutledge, Tanner show (even though Tanner would yell to much for my liking), and thought it improved over time. I would say the same here. The cars they tested were interesting as were some things like driving through the desert in Baja Cars. It will take time to gel. You can't compare the American to the British version with Clarkson, Hammond and May. British humor coupled with the show being developed over 15 years made it what it was. I prefer the American shows making their own identity and not trying to be the British version. Using the Civic is great. Its a car everyone can relate too.
Sponsored