Took on an Acura TLX Type Sh AWD

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Dang those TLX awd are quick! Still impressed with the tune as my car was able to pull on it even though his car had the beginning advantage of AWD
Sponsored

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Better give that little motor some chill time. Just think you will want to still be enjoying that power and playing 5 years from now. I appreciate the kill stories but words from the wise....pick your battles. Each run - is this "win" worth jail time? Am I making or losing any money? Is this other car worth my engine potentially?

Only reason I say this is I have done a shit ton of street racing (me and a few buddies even went after kye kelley in the alabama episode of Street Outlaws Nola- thats how deep in the scene) and I know it will make you push things harder than you usually would. Dont want you to end up regretting it. You got nothing to prove to anybody but yourself just remember that.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
What Grandma told me when she found out I was racing....

Honda Civic 10th gen Took on an Acura TLX Type Sh AWD grandma no no

NoobMaster69

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You're a big boy, so instead of a street racing lecture, I'll just say that's awesome! Good job with the win, these cars are pretty impressive and tons of fun!

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Im not lecturing nor am I saying anything would happen.... but ive seen that nuclear cloud behind my shit more than enough times to try to share a little wisdom with a brother. That shit is never fun. I still street race. I just heed my own advise posted above.

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Better give that little motor some chill time. Just think you will want to still be enjoying that power and playing 5 years from now. I appreciate the kill stories but words from the wise....pick your battles. Each run - is this "win" worth jail time? Am I making or losing any money? Is this other car worth my engine potentially?

Only reason I say this is I have done a shit ton of street racing (me and a few buddies even went after kye kelley in the alabama episode of Street Outlaws Nola- thats how deep in the scene) and I know it will make you push things harder than you usually would. Dont want you to end up regretting it. You got nothing to prove to anybody but yourself just remember that.

You prove wise counsel. Thank you

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Got a story to share. Racing is not a thing I do ever. The only real fun I have is in the acceleration lane on the interstate. But.

I didnt have any way to gauge how quick my car really is. Hondata 9+psi, Intercooler, and Intake so far some chassis upgrades like a strut and sway bar. But. A few months ago I was on my daily routine when I got stuck behind several cars doing 40-45 in a 55 zone. Me and this yellow 2003 corvette were stuck behind this.... convoy for 10 miles. Passing lanes always had oncoming traffic and I didnt want to do 100 around 6 vehicles all spaced evenly apart.

So theres this last truck lane coming up and I decide to utilize that to go around. Well. Half the cars decide to take the right lane too, all of the cars going almost the same speed of course. Well the yellow corvette speeds around me and in behind the quicker car in the left lane. I follow him.

We are halfway through the lane and see the ending getting closer, the cars in front of us leave enough room for both of us to get over and go around. At this time I floor the car in sport mode (Im running 93 octane btw) the corvette also punches it.

We are both now WOT in the right lane flying around the other vehicles in front of us. We are about 2 car lengths apart roughly (which is what we started at). I never pull on him, but he never pulls away. We stay 2 lengths apart all the way through the end of the lane.

I wont disclose how fast we were both going at the end....

Edit: granted the vette probably had alot of miles on it and was an automatic. Or it may have been supercharged and the guy was only half throttle the whole way. Who knows, I just sent it cause I know he was.

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Street racing? I get it, just not something I choose to do. And clearly I would have bought something different if that was my priority.

However, I will say that the SI, even bone stock, has really impressed me when I have needed to pass slow moving traffic,
or safely merge on to a busy highway. This morning I had someone doing 10 mph under the posted limit on a major road.
Two lanes, went around him, and of course the genius sped up. Didn't matter, still had oodles of margin, the SI really
pulls. And the torque allows you more safe options when merging or navigating a highway than slower, less responsive cars.

And even a lot of faster cars do not brake or turn or track or grip as well as our Honda's.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Street racing? I get it, just not something I choose to do. And clearly I would have bought something different if that was my priority.

However, I will say that the SI, even bone stock, has really impressed me when I have needed to pass slow moving traffic,
or safely merge on to a busy highway. This morning I had someone doing 10 mph under the posted limit on a major road.
Two lanes, went around him, and of course the genius sped up. Didn't matter, still had oodles of margin, the SI really
pulls. And the torque allows you more safe options when merging or navigating a highway than slower, less responsive cars.

And even a lot of faster cars do not brake or turn or track or grip as well as our Honda's.
The low end torque and handling of our car definitely exceeded my expectations. You don't need to go anywhere near redline to have fun.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I only race for pinks brah, and I have to have my flat brimmed cocked to the side at a 12 degree angle...

Werd!
Sponsored