OP
b3arfruit

b3arfruit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CTr, 2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Honda Civic Si, 2012 Honda Civic Si, 2011 Honda Civic Si, 2003 Honda Civic EX, 1992 Honda Prelude, oh and a CBR600 and CB1000
Country flag
Yesss this is the exact trade up that I'm looking to make. '17 SI Coupe to CBP CTR. I've read that it's hard to keep it shiny and nice. Are you planning on getting a ceramic coating?
I got it coated and have heard it still swirls, like the guy above mentioned. I know someone who has a black one and theirs seemed to be good. Definitely buying a foam cannon with PH soap. We will see how it turn up over time
Sponsored

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Amazing congrats! welcome to the CBP club. Mine is holding up ok, maintenance is key :)

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Atleast get ppf(protects from rock chips/light scratches)for your front end. If you can afford it, get a ceramic coating. It might protect from very fine scratches?....but can still get swirl marks/rock chips from little I know.

With CBP, only thing you can do is try not to touch the paint or keep it in the garage as a show car hehe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
b3arfruit

b3arfruit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CTr, 2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Honda Civic Si, 2012 Honda Civic Si, 2011 Honda Civic Si, 2003 Honda Civic EX, 1992 Honda Prelude, oh and a CBR600 and CB1000
Country flag
Atleast get ppf(protects from rock chips/light scratches)for your front end. If you can afford it, get a ceramic coating. It might protect from very fine scratches?....but can still get swirl marks/rock chips from little I know.
Will definitely get a clear bra installed. For the front. Had it on my CSi and it was amazing.

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Congratulations! Looks awesome!

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag

With CBP, only thing you can do is try not to touch the paint or keep it in the garage as a show car hehe.
definitely find a detailing guy/gal that you trust, then have the entire thing paint corrected, then front clear bra (ppf), then ceramic coat the entire car. The idea is to polish the shit out the car first, then seal it with Sio2. This will protect the polished paint underneath. Should not swirl anymore, unless a non MICROFIBER is used. Always use good/edgeless microfiber towels after coating.

one more good thing is no more waxing!!! :D car will alway POP with just a wash and dry. Absolutely / F-ing worth it is the additional funding is available. :)

elijahw

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Said goodbye to my 2017 Honda CSi, and hello to my 2018 CTr. Haven't been this excited about a car since my 2011 CSi. Not looking to do much to this one, but I do have some winter wheels on the way. TN winters aren't the best. Definitely going to be my daily driver. This a long with a clear bra since most of my drive will be HW.
Did you lease or purchase the Si? What was the cost of the swap?

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
definitely find a detailing guy/gal that you trust, then have the entire thing paint corrected, then front clear bra (ppf), then ceramic coat the entire car. The idea is to polish the shit out the car first, then seal it with Sio2. This will protect the polished paint underneath. Should not swirl anymore, unless a non MICROFIBER is used. Always use good/edgeless microfiber towels after coating.

one more good thing is no more waxing!!! :D car will alway POP with just a wash and dry. Absolutely / F-ing worth it is the additional funding is available. :)
I havent touched my CBP paint until last week when I washed the front end to install ppf. Car was parked in the garage, used a flashlight to inspect the ppf install later that night. If you have CBP, shine a flashlight when its dark, horrible!

Whatever protection polish/ceramic ect, i find it impossible to not get swirls unless you do all that like you said, park it inside a glass container and never touch it again lol.

Last edited:

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
@b3arfruit Congrats on the car new CTR aswell as keeping it Honda :thumbsup:

@TypeRinATL Holy smokes! I heard that the swirls were easy to get but even after Ceramic coating is applied?!?Also real quickly.. is it okay to place PPF'd over ceramic?

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
I do hate that going the extra mile on my CW CTR doesn't seem to matter. I'm going purely for protection when I work on it - it always just looks "clean" no matter what I do to it. Flat white isn't going to pop much no matter what you do.

I miss that about black and metallics - the extra work always showed. You could stand back and be proud after you detailed.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag

Can you still get swirl marks on the PPF?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
@UFO CTR How much could someone expect to spend on said treatments?
I've paid a little over $2k for my car, but the clear bra was literally just the front bumper, grille, headlights. Same person quoted me $3.5k for the same, but entire front clip and mirrors will be ppf as well. So I say anywhere between $2k to $4k will be fair pending amount of ppf?

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
I've paid a little over $2k for my car, but the clear bra was literally just the front bumper, grille, headlights. Same person quoted me $3.5k for the same, but entire front clip and mirrors will be ppf as well. So I say anywhere between $2k to $4k will be fair pending amount of ppf?
Shit man, that's enough to repaint the entire car.
Sponsored