Too quiet of a cabin, muffler delete or new exhaust?

Muffler delete or new exhaust?

• Muffler delete

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • New exhaust

Votes: 60 63.8%

• Total voters

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
It depends on your budget. If you have a decent budget go for a exhaust system that you like. If your on a tight budget go for the muffler delete.

I am not doing any major modifications, since the SI is quick enough for me as a daily drive. So I decided to do the entire Exhaust System:) My other mods are AEM drop in Airfilter and Cusco Strut Tower Brace. I am about done, just going to get the windows tinted and few comestic accessories.

Have fun with your choice:)
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Cheapest would be a muffler delete. Or you could get the muffler delete and also replace the resonator with a dbx Flowmaster muffler. That’s what I did to mine and still loving the sound everyday. It has a growl to it that never gets old while going through the gears while maintaining an almost silent sound when cruising

willowcairns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura TLX ASPEC SH-AWD, 2009 Acura TL Tech
Country flag
Thats not true.

Source: I had my resonator deleted.
I have my resonator deleted and i can barely tell a difference with my windows down. Its just slightly louder not much to make a noticeable difference.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Muffler delete here. Most of the exhausts for this car add weight and are crazy expensive for no reason. Paid $75 for my muffler delete with a vibrant Tip and is for sure lighter than stock lol

OP
OP
bakingpancake

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
Cheapest would be a muffler delete. Or you could get the muffler delete and also replace the resonator with a dbx Flowmaster muffler. That’s what I did to mine and still loving the sound everyday. It has a growl to it that never gets old while going through the gears while maintaining an almost silent sound when cruising
You have any clips? :eek:

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
I've read a lot of people doing muffler deletes. Is there any reason people aren't just swapping the mufflers with something louder instead of doing the whole exhaust?
It seems like there aren't any gains to be had from swapping the exhaust entirely.

lukasfotog

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Save the money. Muffler delete on my si cost be less than $150 and I absolutely love the sound of my car. Yes its a little loud and yes it rasps at high rpm after installing the FP and DP. But hell do i love reving this car out now, sounds so mean.

2019Si

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Muffler delete here. Most of the exhausts for this car add weight and are crazy expensive for no reason. Paid $75 for my muffler delete with a vibrant Tip and is for sure lighter than stock lol
Might be a silly question but i have very little experience with muffler deletes. Will a muffler delete cause the check engine light to turn on? I have an Si and i am considering a muffler delete but i do not want to deal with a check engine light

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Might be a silly question but i have very little experience with muffler deletes. Will a muffler delete cause the check engine light to turn on? I have an Si and i am considering a muffler delete but i do not want to deal with a check engine light
No it will not cause a check engine light

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Nope. Theres no sensors back there to know the difference

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Stiffer mounts can give the car a little more sound and vibration. At least that's what I noticed in my GSR
I’m pretty sure that mounts don’t change your exhaust sound, like at all lol. The noise you get is more or less rattles from interior parts ect. But your exhaust dB does not change

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I've read a lot of people doing muffler deletes. Is there any reason people aren't just swapping the mufflers with something louder instead of doing the whole exhaust?
It seems like there aren't any gains to be had from swapping the exhaust entirely.
Cause it’s cheap.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Stiffer mounts can give the car a little more sound and vibration. At least that's what I noticed in my GSR
Nvh is what your talking about. Exhaust note or loudness isn’t changed by this as you’re doing nothing to the exhaust

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It depends on your budget. If you have a decent budget go for a exhaust system that you like. If your on a tight budget go for the muffler delete.

I am not doing any major modifications, since the SI is quick enough for me as a daily drive. So I decided to do the entire Exhaust System:) My other mods are AEM drop in Airfilter and Cusco Strut Tower Brace. I am about done, just going to get the windows tinted and few comestic accessories.

Have fun with your choice:)
Ron, you are a wise man, sir
Sponsored