To those with an Lc2i

1. Jeezer

Jeezer Senior Member

First Name:
    Jesse
    Car(s):
    '19 civic hatch ex, '90 civic ef hatch b16a1, '95 a32 maxima vq35de
    Can you share what your settings are on yours? Accubass and whatnot. I'm struggling with the rolloff settings and with the bass knob that was supplied with it. It seems like it takes 5 to 10 seconds to register that there is bass at times.

Royalz_2o9 thanked this.
  2. Royalz_2o9

Royalz_2o9 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Touring Sedan
    Also interested, any answers to this @SCOPESYS ?

3. daPyr0x

daPyr0x Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 EX-T
    Are you using DSP Flat or not? I highly recommend going the DSP Flat route before dialing in the settings. Night and day difference, I no longer find the AccuBass to be as severe or necessary once DSP Flat is enabled.

4. NHCivicGuy

NHCivicGuy Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Si
    Don't you have to disable this every time you restart the car? Have heard this is the case.

5. OP
    OP
    Jeezer

Jeezer Senior Member

First Name:
    Jesse
    Car(s):
    All of my research has led me to believe that the DSP flat setting reverts back after you turn the car off. Did someone find a fix for that?

6. daPyr0x

daPyr0x Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 EX-T
    Yes, it resets every time the car is turned off.

The fix is to do the Honda Hack, which allows you to install apps to the HU, and then there is a DSP Flat app (apk file) that you install that will automatically set the car to DSP Flat upon each startup. I haven't done this myself yet, only just tried the manual setting. The output from my sub is WAY better - the loss of bass as volume increases is no longer a factor, and I have noticeable bass at a much lower frequency range than I had before. I was convinced I would need to get an LC2i because I was disappointed with what I was able to do with my standard LOC, but now I'm not sure the LC2i is necessary.

7. SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS Senior Member

First Name:
    Geoff
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
    DSP Flat does NOT work on 2018/2019 Civics with the Premium Entertainment system.

ie Cars with a Honda head unit that uses an external Amp. ie SI, etc

The Menu item is there, but it does not function.

Yes, it does revert back to non-flat when the car is restarted.

If you can manually set DSP-FLat (*ie not Premium system), then the DSP-FLAT app will work, but to install it and run it, you must be HONDA HACKED,

With Honda Hack, you can set up DSP-Flat to run every time you start the car, so that overcomes the resetting issue.

Would be nice is there was also a DSP-RESET.apk and a DSP-LOUD.apk , both should be as easy as DSP-FLAT to produce.. just nobody seems to have done so yet. Maybe just not really needed ?

Sitio23 thanked this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Jeezer

Jeezer Senior Member

First Name:
    Jesse
    Car(s):
    I would be interested in doing the honda hack and using the dsp flat app, however I already have an lc2i installed and I still would like to know where people are setting the knobs on theirs. My bass sounds amazing as it is, I just really want to get the irregular volume under control. I still appreciate the input though. I'm sure I'll end up trying honda hack eventually.

9. Royalz_2o9

Royalz_2o9 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Touring Sedan
    What about a 2017 touring?

10. Sitio23

Sitio23 Senior Member

Car(s):
    16 EX Civic
    Does your car have an external amp? If so the above post should answer your question.

11. SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS Senior Member

First Name:
    Geoff
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
    Let me qualify that ..

DSP Flat does not work with 2018 Premium Audio systems,

It "Probably" continues not to work with 2019 Premium Audio systems, but I personally cannot confirm or deny that ...... Someone with a 2019 Premium system will need to determine that.

12. OP
    OP
    Jeezer

Jeezer Senior Member

First Name:
    Jesse
    Car(s):
    Luckily I don't have the amplifier so this solution may eventually work for me. Do you have an Lc2i in your system or are you using the DSP_Flat solution? Or both?

13. SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS Senior Member

First Name:
    Geoff
    Car(s):
    No installed Lc21
    DSP-Flat does not work with 2018 Si

AT the moment, I am initially upgrading the low performance Honda Speakers.

14. SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS Senior Member

First Name:
    Geoff
    Car(s):
    OK, so you are a 2019 SI owner, and you believe that DSP-Flat to works on your unit.

That is GREAT NEWS !!!

Please can you confirm that 100% that when you access the SYSCOM menu, and select the DSP flat selection, that you can actually toggle it ON / OFF (and hear a difference )

15. NHCivicGuy

NHCivicGuy Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Si
    Think there’s a miscommunication lol, I have not tried nor said it works on my 2019. Haven’t tried yet.