To those who moved on from Civic X Si...

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
To those who moved on from Civic X Si, what car did you bought after the Si?

I want to hear some insight as I will get rid of mine in about a year after getting mine this past December 2018.
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag

I want to hear some insight as I will get rid of mine in about a year after getting mine this past December 2018.
Pretty sure you can't make a thread like this without spilling the beans - why do you want to get rid of it?

On topic, I have no desire to get rid of mine but its hard to forget that several people on this board have traded up to a Type R.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag

I'm in the same boat, thinking about trading mine in at the one year mark and getting either an Accord sport or Type R

BPF129

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd go up to the accord sport 2.0...

BUT...i hate that center dash with the screen sticking straight up. I like how the civic's screen is molded into the console. I think the ctr would be nice, but....well, there are no buts on that one.

OP, why are you getting rid of it?

OP
OP

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Pretty sure you can't make a thread like this without spilling the beans - why do you want to get rid of it?

On topic, I have no desire to get rid of mine but its hard to forget that several people on this board have traded up to a Type R.
It's trash basically...

1. Engine - Rattling noise on about 3K rpm. Difficult to maintain 60mph on which the rpm on where its at is where it's producing 192 ft-lb and not going to like 1/4 of the throttle. But it's odd when I'm at 3k rpm, it's easy to maintain whatever speed it's at without going to like 1/4 of the throttle even it's producing that same amount of torque on where the rpm is at 60mph.

Oil dilution is not a problem for me because I drive a lot right now. But when I happen to change my job that doesn't drive alot, well....

2. Transmission - there are times when I couldn't put it in 1st when on slow speeds such as 4 mph or at full stop so I have to pull it back and punch it in first again. On rare occasion I even experienced punching in 3 times to successfully put in in 1st. And of course, I also have the famous second gear grind, but I brushed it off. And then I start to notice I'm having 3rd gear grind also.

3. Stock Wheels and tires - Stupidly heavy for both. I just found out that the Assymetric 2s that's installed are actually mediocre summer tires. Extreme Contact Sport is better and cheaper.

4. Body paint - fish eyes at first then ended up to little craters.

5. Chassis - rusts already accumulating in such short period of time, something I didn't observe in my previous 9th gen civic ex-l.

6. Brakes - rocks easily getting in between the rotor and heat shield.

7. Suspension - clunking on the rear of the car. Was able to solve this by tightening the end links' nut with zeus's hand when I replaced the rear sway bar with Whiteline.

8. Interior - flaking dashboard and "bubbled" part on the driver side door panel, specifically at the soft touch part. Noticed a gap between the stability button panel and the fake carbon garnish panel on the driver side as I type this.

9.Sound System - mediocre 10 speakers sound system on which I didn't hear any improvement from the 7 speakers of the 9th gen.

10. AC - refer to the "AC grenaded...." thread in the issue/tech bulletin part of the forum. I'm having the same noises.... Yes I can have it replaced under warranty but still they are going to use the same part the is prone to fail. I think you know what will happen if this happened when I'm out of warranty.

Take note I'm only reaching my 5th month on owning this GM in Honda clothing.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'd go up to the accord sport 2.0...

BUT...i hate that center dash with the screen sticking straight up. I like how the civic's screen is molded into the console. I think the ctr would be nice, but....well, there are no buts on that one.

OP, why are you getting rid of it?
Accord 2.0T is at my list....for now. I like the thought of CTR but it's proven that it gets carbon buildup, uses the same dashboard soft touch material that is now flaking on mine. Does the CTR uses the same AC system as the Si?

OP
OP

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm in the same boat, thinking about trading mine in at the one year mark and getting either an Accord sport or Type R
As I am. I can't believe I'll be spending days and nights accumulating information to decide what car to buy next again like I did before I bought this Si.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
It's trash basically...

1. Engine - Rattling noise on about 3K rpm. Difficult to maintain 60mph on which the rpm on where its at is where it's producing 192 ft-lb and not going to like 1/4 of the throttle. But it's odd when I'm at 3k rpm, it's easy to maintain whatever speed it's at without going to like 1/4 of the throttle even it's producing that same amount of torque on where the rpm is at 60mph.

Oil dilution is not a problem for me because I drive a lot right now. But when I happen to change my job that doesn't drive alot, well....

2. Transmission - there are times when I couldn't put it in 1st when on slow speeds such as 4 mph or at full stop so I have to pull it back and punch it in first again. On rare occasion I even experienced punching in 3 times to successfully put in in 1st. And of course, I also have the famous second gear grind, but I brushed it off. And then I start to notice I'm having 3rd gear grind also.

3. Stock Wheels and tires - Stupidly heavy for both. I just found out that the Assymetric 2s that's installed are actually mediocre summer tires. Extreme Contact Sport is better and cheaper.

4. Body paint - fish eyes at first then ended up to little craters.

5. Chassis - rusts already accumulating in such short period of time, something I didn't observe in my previous 9th gen civic ex-l.

6. Brakes - rocks easily getting in between the rotor and heat shield.

7. Suspension - clunking on the rear of the car. Was able to solve this by tightening the end links' nut with zeus's hand when I replaced the rear sway bar with Whiteline.

8. Interior - flaking dashboard and "bubbled" part on the driver side door panel, specifically at the soft touch part. Noticed a gap between the stability button panel and the fake carbon garnish panel on the driver side as I type this.

9.Sound System - mediocre 10 speakers sound system on which I didn't hear any improvement from the 7 speakers of the 9th gen.

10. AC - refer to the "AC grenaded...." thread in the issue/tech bulletin part of the forum. I'm having the same noises.... Yes I can have it replaced under warranty but still they are going to use the same part the is prone to fail. I think you know what will happen if this happened when I'm out of warranty.

Take note I'm only reaching my 5th month on owning this GM in Honda clothing.
It'll be 2 years in about 3 months since I have had my Si. Over 17,000 miles, and all 10 of the issues you mentioned here are absent in my vehicle. She runs as perfect as she did almost 2 years ago, actually she runs even better. Looks like you just picked a lemon in a basket full of strawberries.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
"what car did you bought after the Si?"

Traded it in toward a Type R. Wish i could have kept the Si also but no space left in the garage and i didn't want to let it sit outside. Over 30 mpg city and 40 mpg highway in a car with that performance is hard to beat. It did the factory claimed top speed with no problem or drama. Was a little underpowered at the track (compared to the 556 HP Cadillacs. etc.) but was still fun to drive there.

OP
OP

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It'll be 2 years in about 3 months since I have had my Si. Over 17,000 miles, and all 10 of the issues you mentioned here are absent in my vehicle. She runs as perfect as she did almost 2 years ago, actually she runs even better. Looks like you just picked a lemon in a basket full of strawberries.
The more reason I'm going to avoid Honda on my next car. What a coincidence that I have all these together. Especially the transmission, chassis, interior, body paint, and AC problems.

BPF129

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why are you trying to jam it into 1st when you're already rolling? 1st has always been simply to get the car rolling...

Sounds like you have a lot of issues with a car, that for the most part from what I see at least, can be considered a well built vehicle. Whether they're just personal knit picks or what most would consider actual issues, no one is really able yo say. Granted I say that while still being just under 2k @ 3 months on my '19. But some of these complaints just seem surprising and super picky to me. I'm in the same boat as xbbnx above...sucks you happen to have these issues, but if it's enough, maybe you'd actually be able to try to claim lemon.

OP
OP

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
But a positive note, this one I got ABSOLUTELY HAs NO OVERFILL of gas on oil on the dipstick whatsoever unlike others who reported that they drive a lot but still have overfill despite post oil dilution tsb

Last edited:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
It also sounds like you're just trying to get into a more premium vehicle. Most if not all of your interior problems would be solved if you picked the right car as well as stuff like the sound system which is a notoriously weak spot for Honda vehicles in general. I agree with the xbnnx though, it definitely seems like you just happened to get a lemon, otherwise no one on here would be owning an Si or a Civic for that matter lol. But overall it sounds like you're not happy with a 10th gen Civic, so if it's really that bad just move on and get a different car. Also keep in mind that most people who have moved on from an Si are probably not on this forum anymore unless they have another Civic or they just like to hang around, that's why everyone who has replied to this thread is still a current Civic owner and not someone who has moved on.

OP
OP

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I don't get where you're cominig from? You mean Civic X Si's rolling out for sale in dealers with the "car's strength" that you mentioned that "isn't for me", together with these 10 problems is ok?
Sponsored