Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some jerk tried to steal my car and damaged the key hole :(:bat::bat::bat:

So my question is, when I get it repaired (no damage done in the paint) is there a kind of blind plugg that you can buy and put in the hole so that you cant see the access to the key?
Sponsored

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
I don't know if that exists. These bumper plugs are matched to the different paint colors. Maybe they can be modified to fit the keyhole. Try sticking the plug into cork or rubber that has been cut to the size of the hole.

Did someone think they could steal the car without the remote?
1. Break door lock
2. ???????
3. Steal car

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
maybe they just wanted something inside

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This is an interesting thought. There's no reason to use the key hole on these cars, and on a lot of upmarket cars the little cover over the lock on the door handle doesn't have a hole through it - expecting the user to pop it off if they can't remotely open the car.

I did a little quick homework to see if the little covers on the right side of the car were identical front to back (since neither have the key hole). If that was the case, there stood a good chance you could get a rear door cover for the left side and swap it out, and cover the lock cylinder (really common on DC2 Integra passenger doors; getting a handle from a rear of a DB8 deleted the passenger keyhole).
*Turns out, they are not.

BUT! if you can get with someone in Japan who can get you a Japanese left side cover, you could swap yours with the key hole in it for one without.

Last edited:

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
This is an interesting thought. There's no reason to use the key hole on these cars, and on a lot of upmarket cars the little cover over the lock on the door handle doesn't have a hole through it - expecting the user to pop it off if they can't remotely open the car.

I did a little quick homework to see if the little covers on the right side of the car were identical front to back (since neither have the key hole). If that was the case, there stood a good chance you could get a rear door cover for the left side and swap it out, and cover the lock cylinder (really common on DC2 Integra passenger doors; getting a handle from a rear of a DB8 deleted the passenger keyhole).

BUT! if you can get with someone in Japan who can get you a Japanese left side cover, you could swap yours with the key hole in it for one without.
Good ideas! I was going to suggest swapping from the passenger side if they are identical, too.

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good ideas! I was going to suggest swapping from the passenger side if they are identical, too.
They rear door covers are different p/n left to right, and I suspect it's to do with the curve of the part (not looking at it at the moment). I would be surprised if a right side front cover would fit on the left.

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I started a thread with the same idea.

20180609_070921.jpg
Neat! Link to your thread? Did you do this yourself? Plastic or fiberglass, filler? Is it a new part? From a RHD country? Does it fit over the lock cylinder without much modification? ? ?

OP
OP
wassen

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
According to Honda in Sweden the blind oem plastic cover will not fit over the key hole.

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if you dont have a keyhole for them to mess with, they will break your window next time.. keep the keyhole.
Or they will try to pry the door open or they will smash the window anyway or they will mangle the key hole and the lock or they will just take the wheels and leave it on bricks or there are infinity ways folks can mess up your car. Don't let them stop you from doing what you want, because they'll figure out a way to ruin your Christmas one way or another.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I'd keep the keyhole. Who knows maybe your car battery may die or remote battery. Now you got a problem, can’t open door to unlock hood latch to charge or swap the battery.

CTR_MIKE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
I'd keep the keyhole. Who knows maybe your car battery may die or remote battery. Now you got a problem, can’t open door to unlock hood latch to charge or its a permanent plug
I'd keep the keyhole. Who knows maybe your car battery may die or remote battery. Now you got a problem, can’t open door to unlock hood latch to charge or swap the battery.
Its just a cover to clean up the look. Its not permanent.
Sponsored