frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys. I just got my Hondata flashpro and I purchased the instant jailbreak. Unfortunately in my excitement I uploaded a base tune without unlocking the ecu first. Now the car is in recovery mode and I don’t know how to get it out of recovery mode. Anyone have any advice? My ecu is not unlocked yet.
Sponsored

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I wouldn't think you would be able to upload anything until your ecu is unlocked.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
For anyone who runs into a similar situation: the ECU unlock doesn't allow you to flash it. You can always flash it. It's just that without the ECU unlock, you can only flash your factory tune successfully.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For anyone who runs into a similar situation: the ECU unlock doesn't allow you to flash it. You can always flash it. It's just that without the ECU unlock, you can only flash your factory tune successfully.
to be specific, the 'ECU unlock' only removes the bootloader's cryptographic verification. So when you uploaded that tune, the ECU went 'nah I'm not gonna run this', but otherwise was OK.

Something very common that does this is game consoles - they don't allow unsigned CDs to run. Jailbreaking just removes verification of installed software.
Sponsored