Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I wouldn't do anything to the car. By the time a rust problem is found that car will probably be on its 4th owner. Just my opinion
Sponsored

ÈMBÖ3

First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I live in Wisconsin, I don't store my cars in the winter so I've always kept them clean. I think the biggest thing is (as mentioned), keep it clean. Even if it's going to snow/rain the next day or you have to drive through crap to get home, it's worth it. All the cars I've sold had minimal rust and only surface for that matter underneath. Paint was always near mint and never rust on the body. And don't always just use the auto washes, they can't get into the nooks around the wheels. Wait for a hopefully above freezing temp./ day, and got at it if you have a wash place still open. (Usually the ones with both auto and manual washes)

I use to wax my car 2-3 times a month but for the last couple of years, I started using JetSeal. I do that 1-2 times a year and wax 2-4 times. The stuff lasts and seems really work. Even better is to JetSeal and then followup with a wax. JetSeal'd the R today! (Including the winter wheels)
20191008_123743.jpg
20191008_123722.jpg
Nice ride, I just bought my 2019 Type R yesterday with 20k miles only and still in shock lol
Any tips on how you do that jet seal? Is a solution that you power wash the car with?
Thanks in advance ???

Honda Civic 10th gen To all the Canadians...and other winter drivers 93B14F08-E96A-4C73-89B5-2D10A406EE0E

Honda Civic 10th gen To all the Canadians...and other winter drivers 7AAB7FFA-3B9E-4CC0-9C23-A739EC525CA2