lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
It's the original Satin Finish. They have been clouded in brake dust, resulting in a darker color.
Debating on the satin vs black. I wish the satin was darker like it looks in the pics. Are they similar to a regular silver wheel finish? Just don't wanna be disappointed as I'd like to have a gunmetal type finish.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Debating on the satin vs black. I wish the satin was darker like it looks in the pics. Are they similar to a regular silver wheel finish? Just don't wanna be disappointed as I'd like to have a gunmetal type finish.
Ah okay. I would go for the black then. Satin titanium is closer to a silver. Maybe a shade darker.

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
Ah okay. I would go for the black then. Satin titanium is closer to a silver. Maybe a shade darker.
Thanks! Nsx wheels or titan 7 decisions decisions. I like the titan 7 as I can run a wider tire though.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Thanks! Nsx wheels or titan 7 decisions decisions. I like the titan 7 as I can run a wider tire though.
I opted for the black Titan so I can pair with Red Honda center caps...with the NSX wheel, it be really tough for me to match black color center caps to the NSX wheels since they are not black. But you might have other priorities...just something to think about.

PlusRmode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
It's the original Satin Finish. They have been clouded in brake dust, resulting in a darker color.
Instead of paying $800 more for nsx wheels , spend the money on good tires and go with Titan 7’s .... plus there wider ....

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I was on the fence about this as well.

I've decided that I want to go with the Titan's for a couple reasons

18"
Wider
Lighter
Less expensive
A couple of different wheel options with the right bolt pattern and offset

The only reason to stick with a 19"-21" wheel that is 9" wide is for SCCA classing (+/-1" and same width wheel to stay in stock class).

If you're not concerned about that, always go with the widest wheel and tire combo you can fit without rubbing.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Would we see rubbing with 265/40/18 tires on the 18x9.5 +45 offset on a stock suspension? I understand that 265/35 will not rub but I was debating on adding a bit more cushioning for pot holes on the PS4S tires.

My second worry is that 40 will numb the car but will 35 not add enough rubber to increase safety from holes.

Thanks!

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would we see rubbing with 265/40/18 tires on the 18x9.5 +45 offset on a stock suspension? I understand that 265/35 will not rub but I was debating on adding a bit more cushioning for pot holes on the PS4S tires.

My second worry is that 40 will numb the car but will 35 not add enough rubber to increase safety from holes.

Thanks!
a 265/40 will decrease the steering feel and response.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag

Thanks!
Dunno how bad your roads are out there, but I feel okay like the 35s are an acceptable risk reduction and keeping the feel of the car trade-off. I don't think the tires would rub based on the sizeable wheel gap I have, but can't say for sure. I found a better selection of tires in 265/35, but if you located your michelins in 265/40 that might be a moot point.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Thanks all. The Titans seem to be the best option that I can find for over 45 offset and 9.5 width and lighter weight wheels. They seem pretty close on the contact patch other than the 265 adds more to the outside of the wheel.

Not that I ever plan on launching the vehicle but as anyone tried just hands off launching the Type R with 18s on it instead? Does the car pull unlike the 20"?