Tire Pressure Warning On, Pressures Are Unchanged

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
simply put in the title, I had my tire pressure light come on almost a month ago, all my pressures were the same as the label suggests they should be, so I figured I'd wait it out and check again later, still all the same. The light is still on, and they are all the same.
Is there something I'm missing or did a sensor fail
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
And you recalibrated the system in the interim?

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Bummer. I had a similar issue that lasted just a couple days, but then the system kinda sorted itself out. I had to recalibrate several times. I also manually checked pressures to make sure the tires weren't going flat (having had two punctures in 18 months, a puncture or slow leak was certainly a possibility for me). IIRC, the system on these cars is "ABS" based.. not a monitor on each valve stem.

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
simply put in the title, I had my tire pressure light come on almost a month ago, all my pressures were the same as the label suggests they should be, so I figured I'd wait it out and check again later, still all the same. The light is still on, and they are all the same.
Happened to me for over a month and figured it was from the cooler weather.. I ended up finding a fatass nail in my tire. Never lost tire pressure with it, so maybe it that could be why?

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
Inspect you tires for nails.
Get an accurate tire gauge.
If one tire was abnormally low, it may have a problem.
Rim leaks are more common with aluminum wheels.
Before the first drive of the day, inflate all the tires to the same pressure.
Start the car and hold the TPMS button until the TPMS warning light flashes.
If the TPMS was on, it may take a few minutes of driving to sort itself out.

jc5810

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX hatchback (2019), Pilot (2016)
Country flag
Bummer. I had a similar issue that lasted just a couple days, but then the system kinda sorted itself out. I had to recalibrate several times. I also manually checked pressures to make sure the tires weren't going flat (having had two punctures in 18 months, a puncture or slow leak was certainly a possibility for me). IIRC, the system on these cars is "ABS" based.. not a monitor on each valve stem.
Honda uses "indirect" TPMS which monitors wheel speed. A lower-pressure wheel will spin faster (smaller diameter). Video from Honda:

RonSwanson's

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine did this, and the service guy said to reset it 3 times in a row, or "re calibrate 3 times" and if it comes on again to bring it back, after he did that, it came on again I did the 3x calibrate and it went away for good, so might wanna try that a few times.
Sponsored