Tire pressure set by dealers.

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
Just checked mine today, was all in the 20s! 22psi was the lowest. Dealer probably forgot to check during pdi?!

Toshagi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 05 Accord, 11 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Oh yessss – sounds about right, thanks. I'll def check into that
Hi guys, similar issue yesterday - 20 yards before my garage and after a ~30 minute journey, the "pressures low" warning came on. I measured the pressure (warm tires) and it was ~40 on all 4 tires. Measured again cold this morning and it's exactly 36 psi, i.e. 1 psi more than required - I guessed they did it for precaution to be just a little over, which is sth I do too. I'll use the TPMS recalibration to try and reset the warning, as there's obviously nothing wrong with the tire pressure. Any other ides - please share. Thanks everyone.

Toshagi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi guys, similar issue yesterday - 20 yards before my garage and after a ~30 minute journey, the "pressures low" warning came on. I measured the pressure (warm tires) and it was ~40 on all 4 tires. Measured again cold this morning and it's exactly 36 psi, i.e. 1 psi more than required - I guessed they did it for precaution to be just a little over, which is sth I do too. I'll use the TPMS recalibration to try and reset the warning, as there's obviously nothing wrong with the tire pressure. Any other ides - please share. Thanks everyone.
I stand corrected, just saw the above and of course my placard says 33 for the rear as well, so I guess they set them all at 36, i.e. 3 over for the rear and 1 for the front.

OP
OP

Jacek6xci

First Name
Jacek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I stand corrected, just saw the above and of course my placard says 33 for the rear as well, so I guess they set them all at 36, i.e. 3 over for the rear and 1 for the front.
TPMS should not go of when it's at 40 psi. I would recalibrate.

Toshagi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
TPMS should not go of when it's at 40 psi. I would recalibrate.
40 psi was after driving for half an hour; then when I measured them cold in the morning (10 minutes ago) they were all exactly 36 psi. So the TPMS is acting up, therefore I'm saying I'll recalibrate.

OP
OP

Jacek6xci

First Name
Jacek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
40 psi was after driving for half an hour; then when I measured them cold in the morning (10 minutes ago) they were all exactly 36 psi. So the TPMS is acting up, therefore I'm saying I'll recalibrate.
I know, read what you wrote. Im just saying maybe your TPMS was set at 20, which would cause it to go off at 40.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I had this issue myself, my dealer left my pressure at 40 psi which tripped the TPMS light. It took a couple calibrations to get it to behave after I reset it.

To be fair to my dealer, they didn't touch my car anymore than they needed to because they knew I didn't want anything messed with.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
First off I want to say to this thread from the past, "Welcome to 2020!!, The future is now.." I have a new CTR '19 and I am at 1,000 miles and beginning to make harder pulls. I am noticing that sometimes I veer to the left and/or right, not to fun when its a new car. I was just hoping it was due to the Limited Slip Diff and that it was normal of a FWD car or some combination of the 2.
I went and measured my tire pressures of all tires after driving for 30min. FrL was at 50psi, FrR was at 45psi, RL was at 45psi, RR was at 44psi.
Huge diff from right to left on the front, 5psi is a big difference.
Since it was hot I let air out to 6psi above 35F and 33R cold pressures.
My handling when accelerating seems much better now.

If the CTR is tracked with stock wheels/tires for example, and ran for a normal amount of time, would the tires be much hotter and have even higher hot PSI's.???? If so does anyone know what pressures they can go up to?

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Same thing just happened to me, today. Got a low pressure warning light. I did a recalibration, came on, again, within 20 miles. I got home and checked the tire pressures, and every tire, was a 50.5psi. Clearly didn’t air them down, during the PDI. I’ve driven 480 miles, with them at the 50.5psi. I’ll air them down, recalibrate, and see how it goes.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Same thing just happened to me, today. Got a low pressure warning light. I did a recalibration, came on, again, within 20 miles. I got home and checked the tire pressures, and every tire, was a 50.5psi. Clearly didn’t air them down, during the PDI. I’ve driven 480 miles, with them at the 50.5psi. I’ll air them down, recalibrate, and see how it goes.
After lowering mine after 30 miles and towards the night mine Tire pressure warning went off, did recalibration and is fine now. Also pulls straight.
Too bad I didn't notice earlier this when I first got the car, my tire tread in the middle got pretty low from the psi being so high.
Sponsored