Ophelia895

First Name
Stacie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 MazdaSpeed3, 2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My low tire pressure indicator light came on last week. I filled all 4 tires to the correct pressure but the indicator light will not go off. In all of my previous cars once you filled the tires it went off automatically. I have looked through the owners manual and cannot find much information on this. Is there something that you have to do to get the light to turn off?
Sponsored

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
You have to calibrate the TPMS through settings on the infotainment screen.. Click on settings then vehicle and you should see the TPMS calibration option.

OP
OP
Ophelia895

Ophelia895

First Name
Stacie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You have to calibrate the TPMS through settings on the infotainment screen.. Click on settings then vehicle and you should see the TPMS calibration option.
Thank you so much! That worked.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
i will never understand why vehicle manufacturers think there is a need for this (TPMS)

if people are too stupid to check their tires every week or two then they shouldn't be driving,

TPMS causes more frustration for most owners then it does good for them,

i am glad my car doesn't have it
I'm one of those stupid people. I never check my tire pressure, the TPMS system has always worked perfectly and has saved me several times going back to 2008 with my first Honda Civic. I really like that my CTR (and previous Hondas) has TPMS

OP
OP
Ophelia895

Ophelia895

First Name
Stacie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it comes back on and the tires are ok you might have to reset the system three times in a row. I.E.: reset wait 10 secs, reset wait 10 secs, reset. It is one stubborn pain in the arse system.
Thanks. I think it's pretty ridiculous that the system has to be reset manually. Every car I've ever driven reset it automatically.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i will never understand why vehicle manufacturers think there is a need for this (TPMS)

if people are too stupid to check their tires every week or two then they shouldn't be driving,

I've caught a few slow leaks on my tire that lost like 20psi overnight that i otherwise would not have known thanks to the tpms turning on moment i started the car.

I agree that people should check the pressure more frequently and tpms isn't a "need" but i don't mind my cars having a tpms.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

So, you removed them from your car? :popcorn:

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
3 things EVERY car owner should check once a week.....tires/pressure, engine oil level, and windshield washer fluid level
that is indeed good advice, but admittedly I get lazy and rely on the automated systems like TPMS

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Thanks. I think it's pretty ridiculous that the system has to be reset manually. Every car I've ever driven reset it automatically.
Keep in mind that this is NOT a classic TPMS. There aren't any pressure monitors in the rims. The system compares rotation speed of the tires looking for differences. Then decides when the difference in rotation might indicate a low tire pressure. Seems overly complicated to me. Guess Honda tried it before and dropped it, but now it's back. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Ophelia895

Ophelia895

First Name
Stacie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Keep in mind that this is NOT a classic TPMS. There aren't any pressure monitors in the rims. The system compares rotation speed of the tires looking for differences. Then decides when the difference in rotation might indicate a low tire pressure. Seems overly complicated to me. Guess Honda tried it before and dropped it, but now it's back. Enjoy!
Interesting...I did not know that. I figured that the monitors were in the rims like they normally are.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Even though it's a "dumber" TPMS i still would rather have it than not.

Just recently I had my 4 original Contis swapped for slightly used Contis. The shop accidentally put back one of my old tires unbeknownst to me. I assumed everything was good until I got 2 low pressure warnings over the course of 3 weeks. Each time I verified the pressure on the front passenger was indeed lower than the other 3 tires. The second time the warning happened I busted out the tread gauge and discovered an old tire was put back on the car. Issue is resolved now but yeah, i'm lazy I guess.

You need to reset whenever you rotate the wheels too.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

A digital gauge in the car actually makes it much easier to do this though. The '15 Camry I had before the Civic would actually give you readouts from the TPMS in the cars gauge cluster to tell you what each individual tire was at pressure-wise. Especially in the winters we got in Chicago, I was happy to be able to check my pressure in the warmth of my own car in seconds vs going out with my gauge, unscrewing the valve stem cover, checking the pressure and checking it twice, then screwing in the valve stem cover back in (unscrewing and screwing are actually somewhat difficult with gloves on), then repeating this process 4 times.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Thank you so much! That worked.
If you just set it to the correct pressure, you can actually reset the TPMS system so it reads your current pressure as the right pressure by doing 3 simultaneous calibrations successively without moving the car and within 5-10 seconds of one another. The tire pressure light on your dash will blink 3 times to let you know this happened. This is actually supposed to happen upon delivery of your car, though some dealers forget about it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
true,

but i would never trust those numbers, the computer is really only estimating the tire pressure,

if you went out and checked your tires the way you described im sure your readings would be much different then those numbers
The Camry has actual pressure sensors connected onto the valve stems. They rarely differed from the gauges on my air compressor...
Sponsored