tire air pressure low tire alert won't go off

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Touring-'18 Acura RDX Advance
Tried calibrating air pressure a couple of times but the low tire alert won't go off. It's a few days but not many miles.
225 size?
Any recommendations?
Sponsored

ToastedSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
have you checked pressures on all 4 wheels. If they are within spec and it won't go off, bring it to the dealer

OP
OP

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All tires are at 32lbs.
Does compact spare have a sensor? I didn't check it.

I did a reset but haven't driven the 30 minutes.

I read in the manual

TPMS Calibration
Any time you inflate, change, or rotate one or more of the tires, you need to recalibrate the system. The calibration process requires approximately 30 minutes of cumulative driving at speeds between 30–65 mph (48–105 km/h). The vehicle must be stopped to begin calibration and the process finishes automatically.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Having the exact same issue. Taking to the dealer this weekend. I re-calibrated 3 times to no avail.

OP
OP

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having the exact same issue. Taking to the dealer this weekend. I re-calibrated 3 times to no avail.
Please let me know what they say. I can't get an appt till next week.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
I had this problem in the previous gen civic too. It took several attempts to recalibrate and drive before it went away. Of course, check if your tire pressure are within spec first.

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
All tires are at 32lbs.
Does compact spare have a sensor? I didn't check it.
None of the wheels have sensors. The Civic uses the ABS system to monitor the rotation of the wheels. When one of them is not inflated properly it rotates at a different speed and will trigger the warning.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
None of the wheels have sensors. The Civic uses the ABS system to monitor the rotation of the wheels. When one of them is not inflated properly it rotates at a different speed and will trigger the warning.
The TPMS stuff should be a sticky thread.

OP
OP

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just came back from my dealer and the service guy did 3 calibrations one after the other and no more low tire pressure alert.
He said my going to 225's could have thrown off the calibration as its very sensitive to tire rotations. A larger tire can cause a problem if so little like a 215 to a 225.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I just came back from my dealer and the service guy did 3 calibrations one after the other and no more low tire pressure alert.
He said my going to 225's could have thrown off the calibration as its very sensitive to tire rotations. A larger tire can cause a problem if so little like a 215 to a 225.
Thats good to hear. I actually took it in on Saturday (didn't schedule an appointment as I usually just walk in and they attend to the issue) and they told me they can't see me till Monday even though my issue is literally so small. So i'm calling in today and seeing if they can address it. I'm running the factory tires as of now so I don't see why the light would come on at all since all of my pressures are literally perfect. If its a sensor, i'm assuming thats covered by warranty but we'll see.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Omg how have I not heard of this sorcery?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Update: had a terrible experience at the Service department today. I called ahead before I left about my issue and I asked if I can just walk in and the lady said yes. So I drive 40 mins in horrible traffic to the dealer only to find out when I walk in that they're COMPLETELY booked and the lady that told me I could walk in was wrong. So in short, he pretty much came around with an air hose to fill each of the tires up to 34 psi and sent me on my way and told me to schedule an appt if it comes back. I havent driven enough for it to calibrate but Im 95% sure it will come back. Trip was a complete waste.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: had a terrible experience at the Service department today. I called ahead before I left about my issue and I asked if I can just walk in and the lady said yes. So I drive 40 mins in horrible traffic to the dealer only to find out when I walk in that they're COMPLETELY booked and the lady that told me I could walk in was wrong. So in short, he pretty much came around with an air hose to fill each of the tires up to 34 psi and sent me on my way and told me to schedule an appt if it comes back. I havent driven enough for it to calibrate but Im 95% sure it will come back. Trip was a complete waste.
Well, filling the tires to spec and re-calibrating is probably a good first step for them. While I am sure you have tried the same thing, they are required to at least see if the normal steps work.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Well, filling the tires to spec and re-calibrating is probably a good first step for them. While I am sure you have tried the same thing, they are required to at least see if the normal steps work.
True. I guess im more upset about the lady telling me its perfectly okay to walk in when in reality I needed an appointment. She works for the service department so it's kind of sad when someone who works there doesnt even know their own schedule. If I had come later and made an appointment, at least they could keep the car and diagnose the issue if the normal steps didnt work rather than someone shoving air into my tires (when I did that just the day before) and sending me on my way.
Sponsored