Watchman999

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic LX, 2011 Odyssey EX, 2019 Civic EX
Country flag
Morning from balmy Calgary where the extreme cold warning has just been lifted and we will be headed for a high of oh about 0F today. What the Fahrenheit is happening? Anyway, onto more exciting topics....like "Tips and Tricks". Wouldn't it be helpful to have a sticky thread called Tips and Tricks or "Things Every Civic Owner Should Know" under the general discussion? A few that come to mind are:

1. How do you keep your damn radio on after you hit the Stop button? - I figured it out but no "Tips or Tricks" thread...too bad so sad...:)
2. Where can I find the embossed rubber insert that has images of Honda products melted into it? - yeah most people would know I'm sure but some might not.
3. Why does my remote start only go 10 minutes even though I pressed the lock and start sequence twice? - I figured it out but....yeah...nowhere to explain it....
4. Why does my remote multi-beep on my when I get out of the car?
5. How do I shut off the super irritating auto-high beam feature?
6. How do I get into regular cruise control instead of Adaptive Cruise Control?
7. How do I drift on ice using the electric parking brake? I CAN'T DAMN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeping on the floor (WOTF)

If this already exists...my bad but I think we should start one. See attached photo for other tips and tricks threads.....

Watchman

Honda Civic 10th gen Tips and Tricks Other posts.JPG
Sponsored

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm looking forward to this heat wave too, haha. Sounds good at first glance, but there are so many differences between the trims and Canada/US/UK/AUS etc it would be a nightmare to keep them all categorized in a single thread (i.e. some of your examples don't apply at all to my Si). Plus once it reaches 20+ pages you need to hit the search button to find your specific info, so you might as well just use that to begin with.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Morning from balmy Calgary where the extreme cold warning has just been lifted and we will be headed for a high of oh about 0F today. What the Fahrenheit is happening? Anyway, onto more exciting topics....like "Tips and Tricks". Wouldn't it be helpful to have a sticky thread called Tips and Tricks or "Things Every Civic Owner Should Know" under the general discussion? A few that come to mind are:

1. How do you keep your damn radio on after you hit the Stop button? - I figured it out but no "Tips or Tricks" thread...too bad so sad...:)
2. Where can I find the embossed rubber insert that has images of Honda products melted into it? - yeah most people would know I'm sure but some might not.
3. Why does my remote start only go 10 minutes even though I pressed the lock and start sequence twice? - I figured it out but....yeah...nowhere to explain it....
4. Why does my remote multi-beep on my when I get out of the car?
5. How do I shut off the super irritating auto-high beam feature?
6. How do I get into regular cruise control instead of Adaptive Cruise Control?
7. How do I drift on ice using the electric parking brake? I CAN'T DAMN IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeping on the floor (WOTF)

If this already exists...my bad but I think we should start one. See attached photo for other tips and tricks threads.....

Watchman

Other posts.JPG
#1- How the hell do you do it? I have to idle the car too long just to get through a good tune. That's my really only complaint with this car. Ok the arm rests too
#2- That's the easter egg. That Easy. Just head down to your local Honda dealer and quietly remove the one on the showroom floor. What?!
#4- It multi beeps because something is interfering with the car and fob for locking the doors

Yeah tips & tricks would be nice

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
#5 look in your OWNERS MANUEL! they literally tell you how to push every button on the car and every feature of the car.
#7 no one should encourage that reckless and endangering behavior. roll your car if that's your desire. this isn't tokyo drift.
#6. owners manual again! it will LITERALLY tell you how to do everything on your car.

OP
OP

Watchman999

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
#1- How the hell do you do it? I have to idle the car too long just to get through a good tune. That's my really only complaint with this car. Ok the arm rests too
#2- That's the easter egg. That Easy. Just head down to your local Honda dealer and quietly remove the one on the showroom floor. What?!
#4- It multi beeps because something is interfering with the car and fob for locking the doors

Yeah tips & tricks would be nice
Hey Captiandicki. You leave the car out of park and hit the stop button. That gets you into accessory mode I believe. Only trouble after that is that you have to put it into park and then hit the start button twice to shut off the car completely....I think. See attached for a description of the options for vehicle off/accessory/on. Keep in mind that I am referring to CVT. If you have MT then all bets are off. On another note, if anyone has a CVT with a remote starter, where the hell is the amber LED and the green LED on the remote? All I EVER see is a red LED and no other colours. This is described in the attachment on the first page.

Attachments

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey thanks man. Yeah it's a MT, so the instructions you laid out won't really apply in my situation. I'll just have to shut off completely, then press once to get accessory up and going. But, I'll try your way on my auto cx5, it also shuts everything down when pressing stop button...maybe it's a japanese thing

_HawK_

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
If you will hit the start button twice without depressing the brake pedal the car will go into acc mode.

OP
OP

Watchman999

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey thanks man. Yeah it's a MT, so the instructions you laid out won't really apply in my situation. I'll just have to shut off completely, then press once to get accessory up and going. But, I'll try your way on my auto cx5, it also shuts everything down when pressing stop button...maybe it's a japanese thing
What if you leave it in gear, clutch in, no brake (don't do this on an incline...LOL) and hit stop. or electric e-brake and hit stop.....

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What if you leave it in gear, clutch in, no brake (don't do this on an incline...LOL) and hit stop. or electric e-brake and hit stop.....
I'm a few weeks out from getting it out of storage, but I'll try this, thanks!

NCMattJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
#5 look in your OWNERS MANUEL! they literally tell you how to push every button on the car and every feature of the car.
#7 no one should encourage that reckless and endangering behavior. roll your car if that's your desire. this isn't tokyo drift.
#6. owners manual again! it will LITERALLY tell you how to do everything on your car.
Suuuuuper helpful. There's always that one dude who answers everything with "RTFM"
Sponsored