Tinting for my '16 Civic EX in San Diego area

meztisa88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I just bought my civic early August, however I just moved to San Diego, CA shortly after. I need some referral to window Tinting, either in Chula Vista/San Diego. I kept my VA plates since I know CA taxes are higher, therefore I need some opinions whether I can go all 5%. Any reputable establishments and reasonable prices, please let me know!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
@Mestiza88 I'm from San Diego,CA as well. Chula Vista to be exact. I would recommend Solar Eclipse tinting in national City. I got my Carolla tinted there back in the day and they've always done great work. At reasonable prices too! I believe I got all 4 of my windows tinted for under $200 and it lasted around 7 years. Really awesome shop with really great quality tint. I am currently in the market for a new civic, so as soon as I get mine, I plan on getting tinted there again.

California can be very strict when it comes to your tint. If I'm not mistaken, California law states that you can get any percentage on your back windows, but your front windows need to be at least 70%. From my experience, as long as you can be seen in your front windows, you will be okay, and you won't get pulled over. To be safe, I wouldn't get your front windows at 5%. Thats too dark. You need to at least have some sort of visibility if you don't want to catch a fix-it ticket. Ask the Solar Eclipse staff, they will set you up and definitely help you out with all the help you need.

I hope this helps you out!

P.S How do you like your new civic so far? Have you had any infotainment issues or anything? I'm a little hesitant on purchasing the new civics cause of all the software issues i've been hearing. Please give me your honest opinion & experience. Any insight would definitely help me out. Thank you!

OP
OP
meztisa88

meztisa88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
@seanphenomenon thank you for taking the time to reply. Keep in mind, my car is still registered to VA and this is something I may have to inquire Solar Eclipse (thank you for the referral) whether or not I can get away with the darkest tint. My 2016 civic ex, I love it. I've been warned by social media of its faulty breaks, but I haven't had any problems with it. The only thing that glitches were when I have my phone connected as AndroidAuto, the second the car hits a bump, it disconnects it from the software. I'm not sure if it's the cheap micro USB cable I got from some gas station back in Virginia. I will get everything in check as soon as I go in for the service early next month. Will let you know.

One other thing I wish I knew, was that there was a Turbo model. I didn't know of its existence when the dealer showed me the civic I bought with the specifics I wanted. But on the other hand, there wasn't much difference between EX & EXT, yeah it's a little faster (which i do not need another speeding ticket), bigger rims (I'm content with mine, as long as it's not hubcap), and it's 1 mile per gallon more than the EX.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
@meztisa88 Awesome! Glad I can help.

Its nice to hear you haven't had problems with the brakes. They just issued a recall for the brake hold tho :x Kinda scary, but definitely get that checked out at your next service as well. And Yes, I'm going for the EX-T with turbo. I don't NEED it, but imo I find it nice to have and the extra cost isn't that much more lol. How many miles do you have on your car? How's the bluetooth? & Did you get Honda Sensing?

OP
OP
meztisa88

meztisa88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Yeah I shouldve looked into the ext if I knew there was such. I drove it off the lot with 10 miles on it, currently I have less than 3k. What is the sensing? I dont know if I do, there's still functionsome i haven't really discovered or had the time to play with it since the move as soon as I got the car and settling down.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
@meztisa88 Honda Sensing is just there optional safety tech package that can buy with the car. (ex. lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, road departure mitigation, forward collision warning, adaptive cruise control etc.)
Sponsored