Tint strip on windshield?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Edit: I'm an idiot, whoever PDI'd the car had the seat way jacked up and I did not realize it could go lower. Height is now a non-issue for the most part but I'd still like tint strip opinions.

-----

I've having trouble deciding whether or not I want a tint strip across the top of my windshield. I am going to do the rest of the windows at 20% but need to decide on the strip before pulling the trigger. I have one on my WRX and it's great but I feel like the top of the windshield is so low on this car already that it may end up causing issues. For reference purposes I'm 5'10" so not super tall. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
Get bucket seats so that you sit lower. lol. A 20% strip shouldn't be dark enough to cause any issues in my opinion. You could also make the strip thinner if your worried about it being to low. Maybe 4-inches instead of the average 6-inches.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put a 5% strip on my windshield and I love it! To me it's like having sunglasses on or having the sun visors down all the time. I haven't had any issues with it being too dark at night either. I will have one on every vehicle I own from here on out and I'll highly recommend them to any of my friends considering it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Tint strip on windshield? {filename}

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
I put a 5% strip on my windshield and I love it! To me it's like having sunglasses on or having the sun visors down all the time. I haven't had any issues with it being too dark at night either. I will have one on every vehicle I own from here on out and I'll highly recommend them to any of my friends considering it.
Did you do this yourself or have it installed? I've never done tint before, but this doesn't sound too hard.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you do this yourself or have it installed? I've never done tint before, but this doesn't sound too hard.
I had it done by a tint shop. I've watched people apply tint several times and it doesn't look too complicated but I'll never do it myself. I'd rather pay a professional to do it and get a lifetime warranty with it. It's inevitable that it will eventually bubble so why not get a lifetime warranty and get it replaced for free?

Chris823

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic, 2007 civic.
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen Tint strip on windshield? {filename}
I went with 20% around and 50% on the whole windshield. I'll never go without a fully tinted windshield again. It's heavenly.
Sponsored