Throwing a code after FlashPro ECU flash

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ FK8, AP1 S2000, F-150, YZF-R6
Country flag
Hi everyone. Installed FlashPro today and it was working perfectly until later in the day. I did a pull from 3rd to 4th and two lights came up, “emissions system problem” and “rev match systems problem.”

I did enable full throttle shifting and when I was doing the pulls using the feature it worked fine. The lights only came up after I decided to shift regularly when gassing it in high rpms. Could this be the problem? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
You can check the code(s) with Hondata. It’s impossible to know what’s wrong without knowing what the code(s) are.

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
Were you low on gas when it happened?

OP
OP
CBPtypeRgrunt

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Were you low on gas when it happened?
I was about 1/2 tank. I reset it and am hoping it doesn’t come back - I would like to think it had something to do with the full throttle shifting feature. I checked another thread about the wiring harness causing the CEL and it looks like I have the updates harness, so maybe it’s not that.

wEaK Squad

*ATL*
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP FK8
Country flag
You literally have the tool to check the codes and you just deleted them and jumped on the forums with assumptions? :thumbsup: You’ll definitely get it diagnosed that way

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Ya you should of pulled the codes, a lot of the codes will trip emissions and disable rev match so it doesn't have anything to do with just that one harness. I flat foot shift without that feature anyways because it seemed slower and like I was hitting a wall anyways.

OP
OP
CBPtypeRgrunt

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya you should of pulled the codes, a lot of the codes will trip emissions and disable rev match so it doesn't have anything to do with just that one harness. I flat foot shift without that feature anyways because it seemed slower and like I was hitting a wall anyways.
Will definitely do that if and when it comes back again. Thanks all.

ssjoeboe9

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-r FK8
Country flag
Will definitely do that if and when it comes back again. Thanks all.
People have this issue without the FP, most have mentioned it has happened when the car isn't completely warm (no not just the water temp). If oil isn't warm, this can happen. Sometimes it can take 20min or so of driving to get your oil to temp.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm having a total brain fart, lol, but did you make sure to check the mods and ensure, I believe it's AFM was checked to avoid that error? I don't believe it's checked by default and will cause a code to throw when you get on it...basically it's reading higher than it should and freaks the ECU out.

OP
OP
CBPtypeRgrunt

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
People have this issue without the FP, most have mentioned it has happened when the car isn't completely warm (no not just the water temp). If oil isn't warm, this can happen. Sometimes it can take 20min or so of driving to get your oil to temp.
Possible, It was about 15 minutes after I started driving when this occurred.

I'm having a total brain fart, lol, but did you make sure to check the mods and ensure, I believe it's AFM was checked to avoid that error? I don't believe it's checked by default and will cause a code to throw when you get on it...basically it's reading higher than it should and freaks the ECU out.
Do you mean when selecting the type of flash on the Hondata Flashpro software? I did select the correct corresponding mods as well as other options (Mishimoto intake, high flow cat, eliminate rev hang, full throttle shifting).

However, I did not click the other options that clears codes to avoid CEL for the bolt ons. I don't remember seeing the AFM one. Maybe that would have prevented the CELs? I will definitely look into it. With just my luck my windows laptop broke so I’ll get around to it when I pick up another in a couple days.

Edit: could you (or anyone) provide what options I should have clicked when uploading the flashpro base map? I remember seeing a lot of options but wasn’t sure what to click besides the mods. I’ll unclick full throttle shifting and eliminate rev hang as I don’t even need that, just thought it would be fun to see what it was like

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you mean when selecting the type of flash on the Hondata Flashpro software? I did select the correct corresponding mods as well as other options (Mishimoto intake, high flow cat, eliminate rev hang, full throttle shifting).

However, I did not click the other options that clears codes to avoid CEL for the bolt ons. I don't remember seeing the AFM one. Maybe that would have prevented the CELs? I will definitely look into it. With just my luck my windows laptop broke so I’ll get around to it when I pick up another in a couple days.

Edit: could you (or anyone) provide what options I should have clicked when uploading the flashpro base map? I remember seeing a lot of options but wasn’t sure what to click besides the mods. I’ll unclick full throttle shifting and eliminate rev hang as I don’t even need that, just thought it would be fun to see what it was like
So after you select the calibration, you clicked on mods...within there, there's a spot you have to click on...to disable the error codes. you'll get it every time when you get on it hard over and over again. It's something like disable two codes, I can't remember off the top my head.

When I get home, I'll screen capture it and let you know. Wish I could remember off the top my head, lol.

Never understood why it wasn't set that way by default...because without it checked, you'd get an error every time since you're boosting more

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Possible, It was about 15 minutes after I started driving when this occurred.

for the mean time...here's the history on this..most likely your issue if you didn't check this box:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/flashpro-for-ctr-tuning-results.22471/page-23#post-456309

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And some more searching I found what meant, lol...make sure this box is checked (as for the other boxes, can't say for those, I'm just borrowing this pic that was online) Again, this is an older version because I'm using a pic someone posted, but the box I'm mentioning is the same still to this date

Honda Civic 10th gen Throwing a code after FlashPro ECU flash hondata

OP
OP
CBPtypeRgrunt

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And some more searching I found what meant, lol...make sure this box is checked (as for the other boxes, can't say for those, I'm just borrowing this pic that was online) Again, this is an older version because I'm using a pic someone posted, but the box I'm mentioning is the same still to this date

hondata.jpg
Thanks for your help, I immensely appreciate it! I hope it works. I’ll keep this post updated to help other FK8 owners out there who come across this problem.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That was my first cel ever with the car. Went back home enable it, reflash it and go...
Sponsored