Thoughts on Trading in 2016 Touring for 2020 Si

AMQ92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Coupe, '09 Civic EX
Country flag
Ever since I saw the 2020 Civic Si, I've had this thought on my mind:

Would it make sense or be a good idea to trade in my 2016 Civic Coupe Touring for the refreshed 2020 Si?

The reason this thought comes up is because I wished the Si had the LED headlights, Honda Safety Sense, and didn't have those fake vents. Well, it looks like they finally added all of that and made the vents slightly better. The new rims are ok but I still prefer the previous ones or the grey ones on the Sport models.

I enjoy driving my Coupe Touring but sometimes feel like I need more power and kind of want to switch to a manual to make driving more fun. I would miss the leather seats, auto dimming rearview mirror, side mirror lights, and the auto sensing wipers though.

Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks!
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
New Si is I think 2 years away, so it's really up to you if you want to wait that long. this being Honda there's no guarantee the new model will look good. Probably you'll have an idea in 1 year when/if the new Civic comes out.

I'm considering trading up for 2020 Sport hatch or 2020 Si, for the same reasons, they added a lot to both cars compared to my 2017. But I might wait to at least hear news about the next gen Civic. I'd be pissed if I buy an Si sedan and then they make an Si hatchback.

Every year you wait you'll be saving money.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It's really a question of comfortable easy driving versus sporty engaged driving. Not an easy decision to make, but you can tell which I preferred.
I think the biggest question for you to ask yourself is; do you only want to "sometimes" drive a manual and other times an automatic? Or do you ALWAYS want to be shifting your own gears? Because you'll only be doing one owning an Si ;)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Without question, the 2020 Si is the best overall Civic for the money. For only a $700 increase over last year, the upgrades are amazing. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the new body color "vent" inserts but beyond that quibble the 2020 Si is one hell of a deal. Do it!

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I traded my 2016 EX-T to a 2019 Si a few months ago and it is definitely worth it. If budget permits i'd say pull the trigger!

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Hmm.. Jersey city.. doesn't sound like large expanses of roads without traffic to me.. Pulaski, 1/9, turnpike.. slogs into NYC. I'd stick with the Auto. Also, check the finances. Your car is almost new still. How many miles? 50K miles? less? not sure its financially worth it to jump into a new car. Sure they smell nice, but in a short time, they just become another "used" car. That said, if a lease is up and you "need" a new car, go for it.. but as one mentioned above, make sure you really want to drive a stick 24/7.. not just twice a week :)

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
At this int a new Civic is probably only 2 years away. Personally I would wait to see if there is another SI coming then decide.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Do it! It's a steal, great bang for the buck. LSD, different turbo, sport mode, and a little more horsepowers and torques = more fun... As well as being a comfortable daily.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
There is always something new coming...
2 years away, it might as well be in my next life.

I might upgrade to a 2020 hatchback, and add Katzkin leather to it. The Carplay deck, 8 speaker stereo, sound deadening, Sensing, improved parking brake are all things I'd like to have.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went from a 2016 EX-T Sedan to a 2019 Si Sedan. Definitely happy with my upgrade.

If only you lived closer. I'd say we can trade my 2019 rims for your 2020 if you decided to pull the trigger, haha.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah but id rather wait for new-new than refreshed. This gen Civic inst too memorable for me - Id like to think they adjust things a bit more before I pay for a different car.

But in your case going from Touring to SI is a bigger change

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Would it make sense or be a good idea to trade in my 2016 Civic Coupe Touring for the refreshed 2020 Si?
As long as you are not screwing yourself over on finances and like has been mentioned regarding rowing gears (If you don't mind doing it every day you drive), go for it.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
There is a lot, a lot more fun in a 6MT than a CVT.

When I was looking for a new car, the 2 contenders were MB Coupe and Civic Touring Coupe. I ended up with a 2018 SI Coupe and never once regret my decision.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do it. Those are a small price to pay for the power boost and more importantly, the superior handling, braking, driving modes and just sheer joy of the SI.
Sponsored