timtzotz

First Name
timtzotz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R (SGP); 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Country flag
Good day, all. I am still on the hunt for a Type R. Your forum and discussion has been helpful. Sorry if this isn't the best subforum.

I was hoping you could give me your opinion on a slightly modified one for sale on Autotrader. The owner has had it for sale for months now, I think the current lower price is great. However, he has put some mods on it that I mostly like. Wondering if these might void the warranty that is left?

Any other thoughts on this particular vehicle also welcome!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=502309797&zip=32789&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=32789&listingTypes=USED&startYear=1981&sortBy=relevance&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=on&endYear=2020&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=300&trimCodeList=CIVIC%7CType+R&listingTypes=USED&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2020&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=300&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=CIVIC&clickType=listing
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems about fair on price. But good lord is that thing ugly with that terrible vinyl. I'd make them pull it all off if you do end up buying it.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
When purchasing a vehicle such as that, you would really want to obtain a solid technician that would check the car out for you. If that is your true desire.
Losing $150/200 for that peace of mind is better than losing the entire $32K.
Also, there is NO VIN# for the vehicle.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Keep in mind that the owner might actually be on these forums.

If you like the mods and think you would want them done anyway, seems like a win.
I agree with @Hollywoo0220 that it's probably a good idea to get a full inspection done just for peace of mind.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Low miles and modded=abused. Oh, and also butt ugly.

Marfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Basically like-new mileage with fairly unobtrusive mods, intake and exhaust are pretty standard fare (I'd check exactly which modes these are though). As others have said, an inspection may be in order just in case, and my god the exterior is horrific, I would have them pull the vinyl off. You'd think they'd be asking more for such low-mileage which makes me suspicious. A lot places are selling bone stock used Type Rs with 10k miles or so for MSRP still.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only someone young would screw up the exterior like that. Hence, it's been abused mechanically too. For a couple thousand more, I would pick up the blue one someone was selling on here.

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Good day, all. I am still on the hunt for a Type R. Your forum and discussion has been helpful. Sorry if this isn't the best subforum.

I was hoping you could give me your opinion on a slightly modified one for sale on Autotrader. The owner has had it for sale for months now, I think the current lower price is great. However, he has put some mods on it that I mostly like. Wondering if these might void the warranty that is left?

Any other thoughts on this particular vehicle also welcome!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=502309797&zip=32789&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=32789&listingTypes=USED&startYear=1981&sortBy=relevance&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=on&endYear=2020&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=300&trimCodeList=CIVIC%7CType+R&listingTypes=USED&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2020&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=300&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=CIVIC&clickType=listing
I wouldn’t buy this one just because they raped the duck out of a great car out the box. Lol. Holy crap. So much rice.
Sponsored