OP
OP

Kraytz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #34083
Country flag
My buddy had a 2014 Cobra that he didn't pay any ADM on or anything. Went to trade it in and lost ~8k on it.

Mustangs are phenomenal at depreciating due to how many of them are available. Even an 'exclusive' Cobra gets nuked by resale.

Cut your losses, get the Type R - keep for a few years and if / when you sell you will have absorbed / offset the depreciation. There is no way around it unless you keep, and pay off the Mustang, and run it forever.
The thing that hurts the most is that dealers were bending people over for anywhere from 5-20k over sticker. Thankfully I lucked out and found it for sticker price.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
The thing that hurts the most is that dealers were bending people over for anywhere from 5-20k over sticker. Thankfully I lucked out and found it for sticker price.
Yeah you got off a bit more easy, but seriously, sitting on it won't help you. Trade that thing in and sit on the Type R you will absorb that negative equity. The longer you have the mustang the less it's worth....

OP
OP

Kraytz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #34083
Country flag
Yeah you got off a bit more easy, but seriously, sitting on it won't help you. Trade that thing in and sit on the Type R you will absorb that negative equity. The longer you have the mustang the less it's worth....
I don't owe anything on it. I paid cash lol

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I don't owe anything on it. I paid cash lol
Then what are you waiting for - take the hit and get the Type R - it won't magically gain value lol. Serisously the Type R is a lot of fun and keeps its value. Good luck with your decision but paid off? no brainer to me

Also since paid off just get the Type R and keep lowering the Mustang sale price over time instead of trading it in. Then you will get the most money out of it you can.

dre_dayy

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2018 civic
Country flag
Just an update: I just hit a brick wall because I wanted 24k for my current car and the car buying sites such as Carvana etc are giving me peanuts and I have tried to sell privately for months to no avail. Anyone have suggestions?
How much much did carvana offer you?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
22 and change
I'd find a used car dealer and test drive the CTR once or twice before taking a bath on the Mustang. Honda dealers usually don't allow test drives on a new CTR. The Honda isn't a drag racer like the Mustang as it lacks the low-end grunt of the Ford. If you're used to that, the CTR might disappoint in this regard. Just a heads up. Good luck!

OP
OP

Kraytz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #34083
Country flag
I'd find a used car dealer and test drive the CTR once or twice before taking a bath on the Mustang. Honda dealers usually don't allow test drives on a new CTR. The Honda isn't a drag racer like the Mustang as it lacks the low-end grunt of the Ford. If you're used to that, the CTR might disappoint in this regard. Just a heads up. Good luck!
Now you see why I'm a bit hesitant cause I don't want to take such a huge hit lol. In regards to test driving, I test drove one sometime last year and it was okay. I didn't really get to test the handling capabilities and yeah it's gonna be quite slower than the Mustang but should be more fun and handle better.

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
If you aren't going to pull the trigger on the CTR, please post up which dealer is offering it, as it's a great deal for those of us looking.

OP
OP

Kraytz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #34083
Country flag
Update: If the manager is being a cunt about not wanting to take a pic of the PDI inspection sheet and going on a rant of how he's losing money, should I just stay quiet or nope outta there?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: If the manager is being a cunt about not wanting to take a pic of the PDI inspection sheet and going on a rant of how he's losing money, should I just stay quiet or nope outta there?
They’re playing game now, wait until you get in the finance office. Just cut your losses and find another dealer. Don’t waste time with these guys.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Are you buying the car? Did you put down a deposit? If so, the PDI sheet should be part of the docs. If not, why bother asking for it.

OP
OP

Kraytz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #34083
Country flag
Are you buying the car? Did you put down a deposit? If so, the PDI sheet should be part of the docs. If not, why bother asking for it.
Yeah, my intention is to buy it and I did put a deposit. Upon me asking for a pic of the inspection sheet he was like "do you want me to refund your deposit". I wanted to see the PDI sheet to make sure the shipping spacers were removed and then he gives me this bs and ranting about him losing money.. Kinda leaves a bitter taste in my mouth tbh

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Yeah, my intention is to buy it and I did put a deposit. Upon me asking for a pic of the inspection sheet he was like "do you want me to refund your deposit". I wanted to PDI sheet to make sure the shipping spacers were removed and then he gives me this bs.. Kinda leaves a bitter taste in my mouth tbh
Seems as though you and your sales guy have an adversarial relationship. Not sure why. Just buy the car and check it fully when you pick it up. And the PDI isn’t foolproof - my Focus RS PDI showed that the suspension shipping blocks were removed but they had not...

OP
OP

Kraytz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #34083
Country flag
Seems as though you and your sales guy have an adversarial relationship. Not sure why. Just buy the car and check it fully when you pick it up. And the PDI isn’t foolproof - my Focus RS PDI showed that the suspension shipping blocks were removed but they had not...
It's not even a salesperson, it's a sales manager. From the get go, he didn't seem happy to be selling it cause he told me "everyone in the store is kicking me at selling it for invoice". It's not adversarial (at least not from my end) and I didn't even ask him to email me a formal buyers order so I can print and sign. All he did was take a pic of one that was printed at the dealership and i just printed out the pic.

Imo the dealer with the black CTR has had a better attitude overall and was even willing to give me a deal on the door sills.
Sponsored