Thoughts on Spoon N1 vs Sequence exhaust

1. ToofHurts

ToofHurts Member

Car(s):
    '19 CW CTR
    I'm thinking about upgrading the exhaust. The stock sound is starting to "bore" me. I feel the lack of sound is a major fault with the Type-R. Anyhow - I'm looking for small upgrade - almost like what an OEM sport exhaust option would sound like (think Porsche or BMW). I'm thinking about either the Spoon N1 or the Sequence Ti exhaust. I'm curious what other people's thoughts are. I can't have it "loud" - wife and 3 month old will be VERY upset. haha.

2. Tim818

Tim818 King Of The ‘Ring

Car(s):
    2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
    The spoon exhaust is 2.75” in diameter and comes with a front pipe, the sequence exhaust is 3” in diameter but is valve controlled and doesn’t come with a front pipe. It seems like a lot of people that have purchased the sequence exhaust seem to like it.

3. JSmoothBui

JSmoothBui Jims_CTR

First Name:
    Jimmy
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
    I’d look into the HKS legamax as well!

02SilverSiHB thanked this.
  4. xGreyWorm

xGreyWorm Senior Member

First Name:
    Alex
    Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Type R
    Waiting for 27WON’s exhaust to come out. And will most likely be getting it.

5. Hayabusa160

Hayabusa160 Senior Member

First Name:
    Matthew
    Car(s):
    Civic type r
    if you dont want the wife nagging get the sequence. or just leave the stock exhaust and get a downpipe for more sound

6. boosted180sx

boosted180sx Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 CTR, 2019 370Z Nismo, '16 ILX
    Hard to really say cause i'm not sure how sensitive she would be to noise but as a sequence owner for ~ 4months, i'd say this is your best bet if your finances allows it. I'm still satisfied with the purchase. Being in socal and having a lot of owners around the area, i have heard and listened to many different exhaust set ups in person.

Although the other exhausts might be quiet, it will still have a slight growl and be louder when driving normal while sequence is only loud under throttle. Sequence literally sounds stock if not quieter than stock (at least with oem dp and fp) under normal driving. Your family will not be able to even tell if you even modified the exhaust at all unless you are under load. I can cold start my car in the garage and people inside the house would not be able to tell.

The only issue I can see with the sequence (if i can even call it an issue) is that your only option for the valve is a boost actuated one so you can't open and close it when you want so it would always be quiet on start up/normal driving. You can probably rig a set up to control that but i personally haven't felt the need to. Also the price is quite steep compared to other non valved exhaust options.

fatherpain thanked this.
  7. hitch

hitch Member

First Name:
    George
    Car(s):
    2018 FK8
    HKS Legamax. My son happily sits in the back without feeling like the world is going to end from the noise. When the loud pedal is pressed, it rumbles quite nicely.

If you're cruising, it's very very quiet.

My 2c ;)

02SilverSiHB thanked this.
  8. 02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB Senior Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Car(s):
    2017 FK8
    ditto, Legamax gets my vote also