First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm disappointed I hadn't heard of this yet...

More badass than a Hellcat? I'm not the biggest FCA fan in general but I respect what they put out and goddamn this thing looks like its got balls. And yeah, this is how you tease a release, not string everyone on for months waiting for a single bit of information...

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Dodge has been KILLING it with amazing sounding car names for their hi-po cars. The Viper, The Hellcat, The Demon...while Honda has given us The Fit...which is known as The Jazz overseas...yuck.

That said, the SI has been around long enough that people will wait patiently for it without Honda teasing it lol

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
As cool as it may be, I sort of wish Dodge had saved the Demon name for a different/new car, rather than yet another Challenger trim/variant. A lighter sports car to fill the Viper's place in the lineup (I would've been fine with a new SRT-4 as an Evo/Golf R competitor of sorts, but that never got off the ground either).

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda's marketing team has been a hit and miss as of late. But it's hard to assemble a compelling campaign when the project is rumored to be slightly behind schedule.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Honda's marketing team has been a hit and miss as of late. But it's hard to assemble a compelling campaign when the project is rumored to be slightly behind schedule.
Apparently a lot of Honda's cost cutting has impacted the marketing of their products. Its apparently all outsourced to a 3rd party based in India and Banglasdesh and very minimalistic. Which is why we are seeing soft unveils without proper details, like base prices, horsepower, ETA dates

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I've noticed the lameness of Honda tv ads. VW nailed it with the Darth Vader kid and Subaru has been effective with their family ties as well.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I've noticed the lameness of Honda tv ads. VW nailed it with the Darth Vader kid and Subaru has been effective with their family ties as well.
Look up subaru attack on titan.. Think it only aired in japan

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm disappointed I hadn't heard of this yet...

More badass than a Hellcat? I'm not the biggest FCA fan in general but I respect what they put out and goddamn this thing looks like its got balls. And yeah, this is how you tease a release, not string everyone on for months waiting for a single bit of information...
Do you remember the first 9th Civic Si teasers? They were great but came out almost a year before you could get the car.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Do you remember the first 9th Civic Si teasers? They were great but came out almost a year before you could get the car.
I remember those spots, with the tag line "a Civic for everyone". Thought it was cute at first, but then I realized the stereotyping and it wasn't as cute.

An Asian ninja in the Si, a white collar zombie worker in the normal Civic, a hippie lumberjack in the hybrid, don't remember the coupe.

I personally really liked the 10th gen one where the car rides around a track with Empire of the Sun playing in the background. It was simple, but I'll be damned if it wasn't a nice introduction to how beautiful the 10th gen was, and the song was catchy as hell.
Sponsored