This car is completely different in high temps

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I have a question for you Type R guys regarding traffic. I have the EX-L 1.5 turbo tuned with the TSP Stage 1. It's plenty quick and shocks a lot of "sportier cars". It's a bit of a sleeper.

The problem is, I live in a high density high traffic area. It's rare that I really get the opportunity to open her up. I just pick and choose a moment here and there to make my moves.

You guys with the Type R have a much more performance oriented car than mine. Do you get frustrated not being able to really enjoy the car due to heavy, congested traffic?
Traffic is traffic, nobody speeds in it - just enjoy the car when less congested / super early morning / later at night then you can open it up more. I live close to work and hit very little traffic so I enjoy my car quite a bit but I also seek out those 'off times' to enjoy as well with my wife.

No way around traffic, but punching it in traffic usually ends up with some moron on t heir phone making your day a bad one. Just put on some tunes put in comfort and slog it out imo.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In traffic I found not rushing anything makes it more pleasant to deal with. Switch into comfort mode, and just slow down all the movements. Seems to help.

Just watch out the for the idiots in Altimas who will cut in front of you because you’re trying to avoid stopping.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just watch out the for the idiots in Altimas who will cut in front of you because you’re trying to avoid stopping.
That must be a universal thing. Happens here daily.

Altima owner = idiot. It must be some sort of unwritten requirement for buying an Altima.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag

Altima owner = idiot. It must be some sort of unwritten requirement for buying an Altima.
I have had way too many negative experiences with other Altima drivers since that car came out. Usually weird road rage that they instigated by cutting me off for no reason at all, or getting upset that traffic isn't going the way they want and I happen to be in front of them... I'm assuming it's because it's a stereotypical white suburban middle age man car, so it's a higher ratio of angry at the world people driving them...

Any ways, on topic, I don't have my ECU modded so I am not reading my IAT or temps in general, but I do know when it gets hotter than 80 degrees here and I've been sitting in traffic for a bit, that the car will cut boost and it's very obvious. It doesn't bother me too much because it really doesn't get that hot very often here, but I can imagine in the hotter states it's extremely annoying. I can only imagine to resolve this, it's the same fight most people are having with figuring out optimal cooling at the track.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I have always witnessed more Altima drivers do stupid and aggressive things compared to any other car make.

However, older Camrys rank high on the “most likely to be found going 5 under the speed limit” list.

Civic_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have always witnessed more Altima drivers do stupid and aggressive things compared to any other car make.

However, older Camrys rank high on the “most likely to be found going 5 under the speed limit” list.
How bout soccer mom minivans, god I hate those things. Worse is when it is equiped with an Ohio plate.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think the only solution is cover the entire front bumper with some high powered fans because it seems like nothing else really works lol :flame:

Maybe a portable freezer that constantly dispenses ice to the intercooler as well.
Sponsored