Votes: 64 60.4%

• Total voters

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Ive been thinking about doing a muffler delete on the CTR as I’m wanting more sound. The sound I’m after is the stock sound, just a little louder.

My local shop quoted $70 for the work of cutting off both mufflers and welding the pipes up. I would leave the resonators.

I’ve watched every YouTube video and have been researching it for weeks now but wanted to get feedback from those here that actually have done it or have heard it in person. How is it? Any drone? Any feedback is appreciated.
Sponsored

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I'm not a fan of loud 4 bangers. Just doesn't ever sound good to me.

That said, $70 sounds like a good price. If you want louder, go for it! I still voted no though ;)

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
I'll probably do this as well (because it's cheap to undo). On my 2018 Si, muffler delete / leave resonators worked out great. A little drony around 3K RPM but it was not my daily driver.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My current plan for my SCCA DS prep is to have no muffler/resonator but gonna keep the stock muffler arrangement to swap out in the rear section for off season. I am curious as to a resonator-less design will be for highway use...

BoostSeason

First Name
Baron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #20604
Country flag
I've seen a serious warranty claim denied because of a resonator delete. If your not buddies with the dealer, buy an exhaust. Better tone and can revert to back stock if needed

zachkarpu

First Name
Zachariy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Muffler delete is still pretty quiet. Just had an FK8 exhaust installed on my Si with muffler delete and I think it sounds great. Only slightly louder than the stock Si exhaust but with a deeper tone. I say go for it at that price and if you don’t like it put the mufflers back on.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I'll probably do this as well (because it's cheap to undo). On my 2018 Si, muffler delete / leave resonators worked out great. A little drony around 3K RPM but it was not my daily driver.
Every shop I call to ask about this says a muffler delete is illegal. Is this true in PA?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Muffler delete is still pretty quiet. Just had an FK8 exhaust installed on my Si with muffler delete and I think it sounds great. Only slightly louder than the stock Si exhaust but with a deeper tone. I say go for it at that price and if you don’t like it put the mufflers back on.
Post a clip, I been thinking about doing it to my FK8 exhaust that is on my Si coupe. I have catless DP/FP though so not sure if it will end up being too loud.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Every shop I call to ask about this says a muffler delete is illegal. Is this true in PA?
Could be because of emission regulations in your state. Not sound. Although here in NC I have seen a few back woods towns that have city ordinance signs up about loud cars.

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
Could be because of emission regulations in your state. Not sound. Although here in NC I have seen a few back woods towns that have city ordinance signs up about loud cars.
NC has a requirement (general statute20-128A) stating that vehicles must have mufflers on the car if it had one from the manufacture and technically you shouldn't pass state inspection without them. the police in NC for the most part don't check nor enforce it though so its not a big deal except for once a year for inspection but like anything there are ways around that too. California has noise pollution standards that say exhaust cant be over a certain db level.

to the OP just check with your states laws you can usually look them up online for vehicle codes and laws
Sponsored

Last edited: