Things you didn't know about your Si

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
You can also roll your windows down by pressing unlock on your keyfob 3 times. On the 3rd, time, hold unlock. All windows and sunroof opens. To roll back up, take valet key out and put in keyhole in door, turn to right either 2 or 3 times. On the 2 or 3rd time to the right, hold it and everything should close again. Not sure if it will do it by pressing lock 3 times.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
It's been a long time since I drove a manual, so this may be common these days, but...

I was surprised to learn that you can shift gears while the cruise control is on.

Manual Cruise.png
Cool! My TSX doesn't do it... and I use cruise control all the time, so this should come in handy.

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
You can also roll your windows down by pressing unlock on your keyfob 3 times. On the 3rd, time, hold unlock. All windows and sunroof opens. To roll back up, take valet key out and put in keyhole in door, turn to right either 2 or 3 times. On the 2 or 3rd time to the right, hold it and everything should close again. Not sure if it will do it by pressing lock 3 times.
I'm glad they finally added this feature none of the other si's had this. It would definitely come in handy on a hot summer day and living in Kentucky it's bound to happen any second. Lol. Also not sure if the 13-15's had this. I know my 12 doesn't.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree, I have a 14 and they did "not" have this feature. It is very good for what you mentioned, hot summer day and just rolling down as you're walking to it to let some of that heat escape.

I'm glad they finally added this feature none of the other si's had this. It would definitely come in handy on a hot summer day and living in Kentucky it's bound to happen any second. Lol. Also not sure if the 13-15's had this. I know my 12 doesn't.

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The si turbo cost less on Hondapartsnetwork than the non si turbo. Odd.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
This is across all 10th gens! And its two times. Three does nothing extra.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya, I wasn't for sure if it was 2 or 3. I know 9th gens didn't have it so when my wife got a 10th gen it worked on hers. Nice to see it'll work on SI's now too.

This is across all 10th gens! And its two times. Three does nothing extra.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya, I wasn't for sure if it was 2 or 3. I know 9th gens didn't have it so when my wife got a 10th gen it worked on hers. Nice to see it'll work on SI's now too.
The remote window down feature has been around in various Honda models for many years now. My first Honda - an '06 Accord - had it as did my '07 Ridgeline, '10 Ridgeline, '14 Ridgeline, '16 CR-V, and '17 Ridgeline. Like my Si, the latter two also opened the sunroof as well. My '09 Civic was the only one that didn't.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I discovered this morning when pulling into my parking space at work that the parking brake automatically set itself when I turned the car off. I've been setting it before turning the car off. I forgot this morning, but it did it for me.

LSM-HB-6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
I discovered this morning when pulling into my parking space at work that the parking brake automatically set itself when I turned the car off. I've been setting it before turning the car off. I forgot this morning, but it did it for me.
I noticed this too but it wasn't consistent. I figured out that it has to do with your seat belt. As soon as you unbuckle, the e-brake turns on. This works with engine on or off

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I noticed this too but it wasn't consistent. I figured out that it has to do with your seat belt. As soon as you unbuckle, the e-brake turns on. This works with engine on or off
That makes sense - especially now that I read the manual. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Things you didn't know about your Si Untitled
Sponsored