These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe FC3 (Energy Green Pearl)
Country flag
Hey guys, first poster here. I currently own a 420,000 mile '06 Honda Civic EX. Finally time to upgrade to a tenth gen! I found a car I loved online and started pursuing it... an hour later it was sold. :-/ But hey, here are some pics of the car. The point of my post? I want to replicate many of the features I see on the car. On the car it actually has a sticker that looks like it says "G&S Motorsports." I tried googling that and can find multiple G&S Motorsports... but not the specific car. Was hoping for a youtube video, or some log/entry chronicling what was done to the car but I could not find that. But, I need help in identifying the parts or ways it was modded/changed and how I can do the same to the civic I get.

(1st pic just shows the sticker as I was trying to locate info online about this car's history and mods)

Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si {filename}

#1. The BMSpec spoiler extension ( https://www.bmspec.net/spoiler-extension/ ).
I found a topic in the CivicX forums put out by BMSpec itself (source: https://www.civicx.com/threads/race-proven-splitters-wings-and-diffusers-bmspec.39156/ ). But it seems as though they only made this spoiler for a short period of time and then they turned their attention to other things. So as far as I know it is not being made anymore. Have seen multiple forum entries backing this up. Does anyone know where to buy one (1st preference)? Or barring that, where to get something similar (2nd preference)? Or, even removing the SI spoiler (don't get me wrong, I like it) and installing a brand new spoiler that is somewhat similar? Low profile, nothing high or huge.
Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si {filename}

(please reference 2nd and 3rd pic)

#2. Referencing the 2nd and 3rd pics, the next thing I am wondering about is how this person changed the car's trunk area to be black in color along the middle to lower portion of the trunk. For some reason I don't think it is a custom paint job, but some type of vinyl overlay, or possibly a thin plastic piece cut specifically for it? I Googled this as well and saw that there were many different Honda models that had the same type of thing. How is this accomplished? If anyone knows of what it is "called" please let me know. I.E. Honda Civic Si Coupe Trunk plastic overlay mold (as an example). Or, the URL/location or where I can buy the part(s) to replicate it?

#3. Referencing the 4th and 5th pics... I want the wheels on my Civic to be all black. I love the look of the HFP (Honda Factory Performance) all black wheels. But I actually tend to like the way this guy did his wheels even more. I like the design better. I can tell that they are the stock, OEM Honda Si Wheels. But I do not know what he did. Does anyone with more knowledge and a keener eye know what he did? I can't tell if he plastdipped them, painted them, powder coated them, or....? Can any of you look and know? Versus "yeah, he did one of the things you said." LOL! :D

#4. Owning a 400,000+ Civic, you probably know I take care of my stuff. In that regard I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best way to protect my car's paint/finish on the front bumper/hood areas of my car. I've looked into the black bras... but I personally think they kill the look of any non-black civic. I looked into the spray bottle type of protective covering. Not sure of what the best method is to go ahead and start protecting my car as I travel on the highway everyday. If I was rich... I could just go to a paint shop and have them protect it but I know that would be crazy expensive. Any advice on this and if you've done it yourself... how did it go? How did it last? I don't care if it something that yellows after 2-3 years. I can peel off and reapply. I'd rather redo it every 2-3 years then have the front of the car get royally messed up. I'll put in the time and effort for an annoying option that works really good.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice you guys can give me.

Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si 2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Nice Upgrades (4)

Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si 2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Nice Upgrades (7)

Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si 2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Nice Upgrades (8)

Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si 2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Nice Upgrades (16)

Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si 2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe - Nice Upgrades (15)

Last edited:

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think its powder coated plasti would never look this good. I wouldn't recommend plasti dip they do have vinyl overlays for these wheels. I got some on mine check out my ig if u want to see them, as far as the spoiler theres a few guys selling theres

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i think its powder coated plasti would never look this good. I wouldn't recommend plasti dip they do have vinyl overlays for these wheels. I got some on mine check out my ig if u want to see them, as far as the spoiler theres a few guys selling theres
Cool. Thanks for the response! So you'd say it's probably powder coated? Gotcha. I don't pretend to know much about powder coating. I looked up a few shops around my area in Roanoke, Va. It is definitely expensive. Almost to the point of asking myself "why powder coat versus just buying the HFP wheels?" Although I don't like the HFP wheels as much admittedly. I always thought that powder coating left a slightly rough looking coat instead of a glass like sheen on the sprayed surface. Maybe that's just my lack of knowledge about it though.

Any clue about the black area on the trunk?

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hell yeah def expensive I would prob buy wheels mines are stock black with chrome but I added black vinyl overlays to my wheel its glossy black like that pic and the black area could be vinyl wrapped ive seen some guys on Instagram replace that part with carbon fiber but that looks just black

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Example of the wheel overlays

Sweet. Yeah vinyl overlays would be the way I would probably go then because I've heard from tons of peeps that plasti dipping can be really hard. Plus... how have your wheels done being vinyl wrapped? As far as if you take your car to get tires mounted/balanced/rotated, etc? I would be worried that the vinyl would get destroyed when they would put the wheel on the machine to put the tire back on/take it off.

Also, any clue what getting 4 wheels vinyl wrapped generally runs? I know shops charge all over the place in pricing but a ballpark?

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sweet. Yeah vinyl overlays would be the way I would probably go then because I've heard from tons of peeps that plasti dipping can be really hard. Plus... how have your wheels done being vinyl wrapped? As far as if you take your car to get tires mounted/balanced/rotated, etc? I would be worried that the vinyl would get destroyed when they would put the wheel on the machine to put the tire back on/take it off.

Also, any clue what getting 4 wheels vinyl wrapped generally runs? I know shops charge all over the place in pricing but a ballpark?
im not sure how much it would cost for a shop to do it

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got it on Facebook spyder auto sells it they told me the price would go up to $550 but I doubt it I would just hit them up on Facebook his name is Jonathan But on Facebook

Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si 57F1FD69-B4ED-4BBE-AF8D-55EBF0915971

Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si 906E8142-9F42-442C-AAB2-CDE27E2E72F4

Honda Civic 10th gen These Cosmetics. What and How? - 10th Gen Civic Si 31F249DE-5155-4CA1-A94C-C7F374A3D6FC

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can do it yourself just make sure you clean the rim with alcohol and dry it off with cotton nothing that leaves residue took me a hour but it’s easy

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/173897657441
Noice! Good to know. I'm pretty handy so I'll probably try that. Was thinking about a sheet that laid over the entire surface area of the wheel. Shoot, those look a lot less complicated. Have you had any experience with removing/mounting/balancing your tires? The machine that most shops use to do this... I'd be afraid that it would destroy the vinyl around the edges and make you have to redo your wheels every time.

Last edited:

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noice! Good to know. I'm pretty handy so I'll probably try that. Was thinking about a sheet that laid over the entire surface area of the wheel. Shoot, those look a lot less complicated. Have you had any experience with removing/mounting/balancing your tires? The machine that most shops use to do this... I'd be afraid that it would destroy the vinyl around the edges and make you have to redo your wheels every time.
the dealer did it fine no problem it stays on to I pressure wash it as well drove through rain no issues
Sponsored