1.5T Thermal R&D exhaust for Sport/ST hatch

00fk7

First Name
Ronan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback MT
That's just the tip. The rest of the exhaust is nicely put together but everyone is going to have different opinions of the different tips. The main issue is that almost every other exhaust looks like the stock tip design.
True. Just curious do you like the look of this or just like the fact that it doesn’t look stock?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To me the tip design doesn't matter as much as sound and build quality. I'm not looking at it that much so it's not an issue. It does stand out however just due to not looking like every other one. I've also used their exhausts on most of my Civic's so I may be kind of biased, and yes I have tried other exhausts.

IcyRyce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thermal did a comparison video and its actually decent, not too loud and not too much drone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, that's my car. I posted up a bumper cam video on the last page that gives you a little better sound quality.

I finally found out yesterday why Greddy's exhaust is so much cheaper than most. No front pipe and not polished. So, regardless, any of the options with a front pipe will mostly be over $900.

Last edited:

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like 90% of the other exhausts out there. Not to mention the tips are hideous. Still waiting for Borla

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Yikes!.... $1,300?? Good luck to them on sales, i would buy if it was $800 less lol
Like I’ve been saying. It costs to much, even with a front pipe included. From a money spending standpoint, you are spending a whole lot of money and getting nothing really out of it. When I hear 1,300 dollars for a exhaust system for our civics, I imagine a full turbo back, in which would provide gains worthy of that price tag.

OP
OP
Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Believe me I'm on the same boat as you guys about the price but whether anyone buys it or not, I couldn't care less. I did my part for them and got what I was expecting and I told them the issues on cost and tip design response. Whether they lower the price or redesign the tip we will see down the road. They are supposedly going to be making their own downpipe as well at some point.

OP
OP
Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thermal is now looking for someone to test out a new tip design for this exhaust. Just what you all have been looking for. Contact them on Facebook or directly through their website to get in on some of this action.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thermal is now looking for someone to test out a new tip design for this exhaust. Just what you all have been looking for. Contact them on Facebook or directly through their website to get in on some of this action.
So they need to borrow a car to fit tips? lol
Sponsored