1.5T Thermal R&D exhaust for Sport/ST hatch

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
The Sport and Sport Touring is not a free flowing exhaust because it is not a straight through design. It changes direction a couple times. This is NOT a free flow design. Any restriction will lessen horsepower. You free up any motor, big or small turbo, you will have some gain. I would like to see YOUR test results to prove this, not copy/paste this from a thread here on the forum.
Yes they are free flowing. Look it up. It doesn’t have to have a straight through design for it to be free flowing lmao. And no it doesn’t just work like that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
27WON's exhaust had small gains (1-2HP up Top, and 1-5 FT TQ/HP mid-range) with no mods. With more power from a tune however, the difference in power that the exhaust added, became more apparent.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
27WON's exhaust had small gains (1-2HP up Top, and 1-5 FT TQ/HP mid-range) with no mods. With more power from a tune however, the difference in power that the exhaust added, became more apparent.
You can’t make claims like that unless you are going to post their dyno chart with it.. you know that silly.:p It appears they have a video of the sport hatch on the dyno with their exhaust on, but they cut the video, no results, not even a pull. Just blimping the throttle, and it sounds terrible imo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's just not enough choices for the HB Sport yet to start with so for now I'm going to take a step back and wait until spring to see what comes down the pipeline, hoping for a half dozen by then to choose from. There is too much prototyping still going on to decide yet.
I mean isn't that much simpler to say than every exhaust has no gains. We have to wait and let people do some testing on different setups. That was all I was saying man. Not trying to be an asshole.

00fk7

First Name
Ronan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback MT
Mad? I'm always mad, lol. Nah, this is fun to get people going to see how long it can go, and go it has. It's all good, take care. OH and "sorry", lol.
What you are for sure is a troll who has bad grammar (or who cant spell depending on how you look at it) and a narrow mind. That's all I need to know :D

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I mean isn't that much simpler to say than every exhaust has no gains. We have to wait and let people do some testing on different setups. That was all I was saying man. Not trying to be an asshole.
I know, wasn't trying to come across that way with this statement. I agree

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
What you are for sure is a troll who has bad grammar (or who cant spell depending on how you look at it) and a narrow mind. That's all I need to know :D
58 posts and I'm the troll, I think not. Been on here quite a while and this is the only time it's been like this.....so I think we know where the problem is. But like I said, if you read a few posts after my "mad" all the time post, we all need to just step back(myself included) and wait for all the systems to come out. And soooooooooo sorry for being narrow minded and having bad grammar......LMFAO!!!! Have a wonderful evening.

Last edited:

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can’t make claims like that unless you are going to post their dyno chart with it.. you know that silly.:p It appears they have a video of the sport hatch on the dyno with their exhaust on, but they cut the video, no results, not even a pull. Just blimping the throttle, and it sounds terrible imo.
I assumed everyone in the know concerning their exhaust, had read their blog post which included the dyno info. As far as it sounding terrible, almost everyone that's heard it disagrees.

https://www.27won.com/blog/27won-performance-mid-pipe-back-exhaust-install-part-2

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a short video of the exhaust from my phone I mounted on the bumper. It's not a freeway on ramp run but a run out to about 5k rpm in 2nd just to get a sound clip. Now that I know the mount will hold the phone I will try and get an on ramp shifting clip.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's a short video of the exhaust from my phone I mounted on the bumper. It's not a freeway on ramp run but a run out to about 5k rpm in 2nd just to get a sound clip. Now that I know the mount will hold the phone I will try and get an on ramp shifting clip.
Sounds very similar to the Borla in this clip.

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I wish companies actually did their sound/ video clips did them this way. It sounds good tho.

OP
OP
Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, the only way I was able to get that was using the mount I have for my KTUNER and I just put my phone on it on the rear bumper. It's magnetic so I didn't know if it would hold for sure. Probably going to put a rubber band around the phone to do an on ramp sound clip. At some point I'll get an interior clip as well.

AMERICAN MUSCLE does these kinds of videos for their exhaust install vids. Like you said, I wish they all would use a bumper cam to get real sound right at the exit.

00fk7

First Name
Ronan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback MT
Sounds good but that has to be the ugliest exhaust I've ever seen

OP
OP
Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's just the tip. The rest of the exhaust is nicely put together but everyone is going to have different opinions of the different tips. The main issue is that almost every other exhaust looks like the stock tip design.
Sponsored

Last edited: