There is gonna be nothing new for the 2020 type R? Trade show info.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So I just got back from a Auto trade show and talked with the people at the Honda booth. They said there is going to be no changes on the 2020 type R. I asked them its gonna get those new vents though like the rest of the civic line up? They said Honda has told them "Nothing was gonna be changed" They then gave me what they said was a booklet on the 2020 line up and in the civic section they had all the new 2020 civics with the new vent inserts but the type R did not have them and was exactly the same as the rest of the years. so what its worth.....

Honda Civic 10th gen There is gonna be nothing new for the 2020 type R? Trade show info. 20191123_164310

Honda Civic 10th gen There is gonna be nothing new for the 2020 type R? Trade show info. 20191124_101604

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Driving wise, maybe. But aesthetics wise, updates are generally a good thing (if done tastefully, that is)

I personally like those subtle changes to the black grills on the front and rear bumpers that the Si seems to have. Even if they don’t come on the 2020 CTR, I’d be interested in adding them just to break up the big black inserts a bit. They seem like a clean touch.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
We wont know for sure but I've also heard the 2020 will have an updated suede steering wheel and different shift know and possibly minor interior updates but nothing crazy till the 2022.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We wont know for sure but I've also heard the 2020 will have an updated suede steering wheel and different shift know and possibly minor interior updates but nothing crazy till the 2022.
I mean yeah nothing is for sure till its for sale but. I mean trade show. Honda representatives who said factory told them no changes. And a booklet showing all 2020 with type R showing zero changes.... i wouldn't get hopes up for any changes to be honest. There were lots of these same rumors for 2019 then we got nothing but volume knob and a red led on e brake. I personally take more stock in personal feedback from honda reps at a trade show then forum and facebook rumors... but like i said nothings set in stone. :) just putting info out there for interest parties. But i mean if honda printed a 2020 model book and it shows same type R. Chances are....

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Though there’s one thing-

We saw test versions of the 2020 CTR sporting those front and rear bumper trim lines. And if my memory serves me correct, they were on the CTR wider bumpers, not the Si bumpers.

Now at the trade show they’re saying no trim lines.

Seems odd to have them for testing, but then eliminate them. Might be a budget thing. The bean counters maybe said no. Who knows. Time will tell!

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I wonder if the 2020 CTR looks the same as all the others, but the trim lines are a new option starting in 2020. Honda didn’t want to include them on the base car because they’re “non functional aero” that add 5g to the front of the car and the CTR is all about that weight savings.

Well that would be their excuse, anyway.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Though there’s one thing-

We saw test versions of the 2020 CTR sporting those front and rear bumper trim lines. And if my memory serves me correct, they were on the CTR wider bumpers, not the Si bumpers.

Now at the trade show they’re saying no trim lines.

Seems odd to have them for testing, but then eliminate them. Might be a budget thing. The bean counters maybe said no. Who knows. Time will tell!
True, and i might be wrong here but...we saw test cars with different bits before the 2019 as well. Its what got all the 2019 talk going...then nothing.

Eh I normally don't put much stock in anything. Not even what they said , but once they handed me the booklet and it showed all the 2020 Honda vehicles. Would seem odd to print up all that and then not have the 2020 Type R in there. So that's only thing has me believing them. But we will see.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 19 TLX
Country flag
I think the booklet just shows how the civic variants are like as of right now.
I'm pretty sure that's just 2019 CTR since they are not selling 2020 yet.

Dipz

First Name
Dipz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Type R
Country flag
So if there's no changes, why the fook is it $3k more?!

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So if there's no changes, why the fook is it $3k more?!
They have raised it what 3 times now with no changes to the car other then a volume knob.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
So I just got back from a Auto trade show and talked with the people at the Honda booth. They said there is going to be no changes on the 2020 type R. I asked them its gonna get those new vents though like the rest of the civic line up? They said Honda has told them "Nothing was gonna be changed" They then gave me what they said was a booklet on the 2020 line up and in the civic section they had all the new 2020 civics with the new vent inserts but the type R did not have them and was exactly the same as the rest of the years. so what its worth.....

20191123_164310.jpg

20191124_101604.jpg
Nice information, great job Harlaquin
Sponsored