Theoretically, could you make this into a HP monster?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just say someone fell into a big lump of money and wanted to make a Civic Touring a real sleeper super car, can you do it?
Sponsored

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Just say someone fell into a big lump of money and wanted to make a Civic Touring a real sleeper super car, can you do it?
The 1.5 I believe is closer to being maxed out for power but the 2.0 is the same base engine as the type r I'm pretty sure so if you have that pair with a manual transmission it could probably have the ability to be a very powerful car

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
The 1.5 I believe is closer to being maxed out for power but the 2.0 is the same base engine as the type r I'm pretty sure so if you have that pair with a manual transmission it could probably have the ability to be a very powerful car
Where did this ridiculous notion come from? I really don't understand it. It's not even close. A tune for 91 octane with nothing else would probably result in +10% power which would push close to 200hp, then there is intake/exhaust that would probably net another 10%. THEN there is the turbo! Upgrading to something much bigger would probably net +15-25% MORE power. So quit it, your making yourself look silly.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Where did this ridiculous notion come from? I really don't understand it. It's not even close. A tune for 91 octane with nothing else would probably result in +10% power which would push close to 200hp, then there is intake/exhaust that would probably net another 10%. THEN there is the turbo! Upgrading to something much bigger would probably net +15-25% MORE power. So quit it, your making yourself look silly.
I'm pretty sure that statement came from the chief engineer of the turbo engine said that it is pretty well maxed out in power I may have heard wrong but that was at the launch event of the civic

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What if money were no option, could you swap in a different engine?

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
Also the engine is paired with a cvt which may not be able to handle the power boost that's why I mentioned the manual transmission

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
Well, all I have to say is, the CVT in the Honda insight (2000-2006) is known to handle +50% more power without breaking so, if this one can't handle +~35 that's just kinda sad.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
Well, we could automatically rule out an LS3 conversion like in a Miata. I suppose one could shoehorn a capable Nissan motor but you'd still be talking FWD. Best to use the stock, turbo motor and street race within your class IMO.

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
Well, we could automatically rule out an LS3 conversion like in a Miata. I suppose one could shoehorn a capable Nissan motor but you'd still be talking FWD. Best to use the stock, turbo motor and street race within your class IMO.
Why rule that out? Tube chassis cars could basically look like ANYTHING on the outside, but underneath you could turn one of these into a RWD V8 monter!

To answer the OP, yes, you could easily turn this (or ANY) car into a sleeper...given you have enough dough :thumbsup:

No one knows what the 1.5T will hold before castings start cracking yet (even the engineers probably have to guess...), but time will tell if it or the 2.0 is the better platform for big HP.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Just got my Ktuner. So i'll be finding out soon if my CVT doesn't like extra HP. I'll post if it blows haha
Sponsored