The Touring wheels look backwards to me - is it easy to flip them?

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Low and behold my EX-T rims are messed up too.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Touring wheels look backwards to me - is it easy to flip them? ima
Honda Civic 10th gen The Touring wheels look backwards to me - is it easy to flip them? image

Drivers side looks proper to me.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
So they're directional wheels, but Honda made them all the same I guess.. :confused1:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yup, I have Si wheels on the 9th gen and one side, they will all point forward, the other, they point backwards. Don't worry too much about it.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Man, never noticed this but that's a crazy oversight. I wonder if they'll catch this and change it or just wait for the mid-model refresh and go with all new designs that aren't directional?

Anyone wanna trade 2 rims? :D

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, never noticed this but that's a crazy oversight. I wonder if they'll catch this and change it or just wait for the mid-model refresh and go with all new designs that aren't directional?

Anyone wanna trade 2 rims? :D
We all have the same time with same direction...trade won't make a difference. I like the spider rims though.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We all have the same time with same direction...trade won't make a difference. I like the spider rims though.
Oh yeah, you're right, they didn't make the other direction. I was thinking some of us had one directions and others had another.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah, you're right, they didn't make the other direction. I was thinking some of us had one directions and others had another.
I thought of that too, would have been nice if it was that easy lol, they only made the one style, and not the opposite style for the other side of the car.. :(

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought of that too, would have been nice if it was that easy lol, they only made the one style, and not the opposite style for the other side of the car.. :(
I just can't believe no one at the factory or design caught this. You'd think someone would be detail oriented, then again, I'm pretty detail oriented and didn't even notice this until it was mentioned here.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I just can't believe no one at the factory or design caught this. You'd think someone would be detail oriented, then again, I'm pretty detail oriented and didn't even notice this until it was mentioned here.
Same here.. At least our cars look good from the drivers side lol

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
No, let's say you have two wheels facing one direction and the other two facing the other so that all 4 wheels are in the same direction. Average joes probably don't notice, so if they have to buy a replacement, they're most likely going to neglect the direction. When you get some kid at the Lubeshop to change your tire, they're probably not going to notice either. One day, you might have the LF wheel facing forward and the LR wheel facing backwards, then what?

Us enthusiasts notice these little things but most people don't. The last thing that needs to happen is to have 'two' part numbers for wheel in opposite directions to confuse people.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, let's say you have two wheels facing one direction and the other two facing the other so that all 4 wheels are in the same direction. Average joes probably don't notice, so if they have to buy a replacement, they're most likely going to neglect the direction. When you get some kid at the Lubeshop to change your tire, they're probably not going to notice either. One day, you might have the LF wheel facing forward and the LR wheel facing backwards, then what?

Us enthusiasts notice these little things but most people don't. The last thing that needs to happen is to have 'two' part numbers for wheel in opposite directions to confuse people.
A lot of car companies do directional wheels though. One that comes to mind is the GTI. I'm pretty sure they actually have 2 different directions.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The thing with our wheels since they all face the same direction that it doesn't matter how you rotate or mount them. They will always face opposite way left and right. You will never have it opposite on the same side.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
The thing with our wheels since they all face the same direction that it doesn't matter how you rotate or mount them. They will always face opposite way left and right. You will never have it opposite on the same side.
Correct, because there all the same, all 4 rims. Unlike in my previous post with 2 different directional wheels (picture of 2014 civic), then you could have mismatched wheels on the same side.
Sponsored