The Oil Thread

Penryn87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring.
Country flag
I bought some Pennzoil Ultra Platinum to put in my 1.5L off amazon. Does anyone else have any experience with this oil and this engine?

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
The 2.0L and 1.5L-Turbo both use a filter that Honda has used for years. The OEM part number is (15400-PLM-A02) you can get that cross referenced online or at an auto parts store. The FRAM P/N is: **7317 and the WIX P/N is: 57356.
Nice it's the same as my Honda Accord and CRZ. I usually buy extra and leave at home just so I don't have to run out to get it when I need to do a oil change.

OP
OP

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I bought some Pennzoil Ultra Platinum to put in my 1.5L off amazon. Does anyone else have any experience with this oil and this engine?
I haven't seen many UOAs on Ultra. But it's considered very good by most. If you want to be a pioneer, submit a sample for a UOA after your next oil change, and post up the results.

What I could find with 30 seconds of searching:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1084180
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/pennzoil-q-a/

Last edited:

Penryn87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring.
Country flag
Yea I ordered the UOA kit from blackstone. The kit was free, so that was nice.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
For those looking to do your own oil and looking for a good price, Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic is on sale at Amazon for $15 after a $10 mail in rebate. Just thought I'd throw it out there :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0123EL2OI

adinfinitm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC Sedan EXL
First time car owner here (2016 Civic). I had to miss my maintenance (A-1 tire rotation & oil) appointment with my dealer and now I'm 25 miles past the maintenance due. The earliest I can get my service is 2 weeks from now and I expect to do 80 miles till then. Is it ok to wait till then or should I get my oil changed asap from a nearby center?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
A % or two over on miles should make no difference--to assume otherwise assumes the maintenance minder is more precise than it probably is.

10genderek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Just use the Honda oem 0w20 synthetic blend, Kendall makes Honda oil, it's some of the best out there or if you want 100% syn instead use the oem Honda synthetic oil, kendall is top tier

FC1rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring & 97 Civic Coupe Turbo
We use Eneos Full Syn 0w-20 for cars that require it and Penzoil blend 5w-20 for older models.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I've gone through it many times in the past with our Pilot. Get the "A01" filter. The difference is significant. I spent hours and hours online and your best bet is to use eBay (or VERY carefully on Amazon only if they explicitly say so). That is pretty much the only way you'll be sure that you're getting an A02. Any dealer won't have the A01s and will swap in the A02s. The price seems to vary over time, so find a good deal on 6 and be done for awhile.

I don't know what its like on the Civic, but like on my Miata, its nearly impossible to get to the filter. I bought a Honda filter adapter for like $25 which was worth every penny. Fits the filter like a socket and allows you to easily loosen it, plus make sure its tight. I've had problems with filters not being on tight enough due to oily hands.
Sponsored