The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Got my Boomba shift plate and most of my Acuity gear today, but the base bushings are indeed on backorder. Everything was drop shipped to me and there was a handwritten note on the packing slip that says they should ship out "...mid to late March."

At least I've got my under-hood parts so I can do that part of the install, but I'll have to wait to pull the center console.
Sponsored

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just as an update for CTR owners. Got some driving time using the shift cable bushings, base bushings, and centering spring.
The difference is noticeable, definitely worth upgrading. The shifts feel cleaner, I now understand the ā€œslopā€ they were referring to. In addition, I feel more ā€œconfidentā€ when clicking into gear.
Full disclosure, Iā€™m still a novice at driving manual, so Iā€™m not shifting as quick as others would. Also, I have a 476g Shift Knob. The centering spring did a great job in compensating for the extra weight. The stock spring felt like it was sluggish with the heavier knob.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Just as an update for CTR owners. Got some driving time using the shift cable bushings, base bushings, and centering spring.
The difference is noticeable, definitely worth upgrading. The shifts feel cleaner, I now understand the ā€œslopā€ they were referring to. In addition, I feel more ā€œconfidentā€ when clicking into gear.
Full disclosure, Iā€™m still a novice at driving manual, so Iā€™m not shifting as quick as others would. Also, I have a 476g Shift Knob. The centering spring did a great job in compensating for the extra weight. The stock spring felt like it was sluggish with the heavier knob.
Awesome
I plan on purchasing all 3 this weekend.

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Awesome
I plan on purchasing all 3 this weekend.
If donā€™t already have plastic trim tools they sell a set for $10. If you have any questions on the install let me know. Their video is useful but certain things on the shifter cable bushings video donā€™t apply on the CTR.

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I doubt itā€™s out yet since the video says ā€œFirst Look...ā€
Hence the question. I have a Type R shifter + most of what Acuity has to offer ready to go into the Si, but I will wait for this so I can install it on the assembly before it goes in.

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Hence the question. I have a Type R shifter + most of what Acuity has to offer ready to go into the Si, but I will wait for this so I can install it on the assembly before it goes in.
Apologies, you are correct. I misread your post and replaced when with where in my head as I read it. Iā€™m in the same boat, however the type R shifter is on backorder so Iā€™m missing that :(

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Good plan. I've been running a prototype of the rocker all winter. You'll definitely want this piece (and the shifter centering spring, and the base bushings, and the shifter cable bushings, etc.)

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Good plan. I've been running a prototype of the rocker all winter. You'll definitely want this piece (and the shifter centering spring, and the base bushings, and the shifter cable bushings, etc.)
I wasn't going to pick up the spring initially because increased resistance moving the shifter over to 5th did not sound fun, but if I could shorten that distance, I am on board for a spring as well to round out the whole package.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I wasn't going to pick up the spring initially because increased resistance moving the shifter over to 5th did not sound fun, but if I could shorten that distance, I am on board for a spring as well to round out the whole package.
I've tried most of the parts as stand-alone, but I must admit that I haven't tried the rocker separate from the spring. However, the spring doesn't make a huge difference with the Type R shifter that already has an upgraded spring.

To me, I think that this is really a case of the whole being more than the sum of the parts. The base bushings did something, the shifter cable bushings did something, but the combination of both sets of bushings with the rocker and spring really brought everything together. I'm really happy with the setup - although I am looking forward to trying the full shifter this summer!

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Iā€™ve purchased every Acuity part so far for my Si...perhaps I should have just waited for the short throw shifter to begin with lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.